• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W246 upgrading to 8inch monitor

denwee

Dear Bros,

Will like to share my latest adventure.

For those on the 5.8inch screen, am sure you hated the puny screen with the large border.

Am happy to share that I have successfully upgraded to a 8 inch off market Navitech (Korea) screen.  

All works well with full controls from the MMI control and steering wheel.

Resolution is pretty good and the auto brightness is still available (despite some forum comments that you will lose it).

What came as a very big surprise is that it comes pre-programmed with dynamic lines on the reverse camera.  Ie. When in reverse the parking lines turn when u turn your steering.   There is also additional visual sensor on the screen without having to look at the factory installed proximity sensor in front of the dash and behind the roof. 

Not exactly cheap but it is cheaper than another well known source.

Negative side is ... u lose the off market GPS that was given by CnC (if they have given you) as it is not able to upscale to the higher resolution.  But to me, that system is crappy anyway.

I am now waiting for the mirroring module (compatible to both android and ios, and upgradeable with future OS upgrades) to arrive and will then have the full functions.

So if any Bros interested, do PM me.  Will be happy to share more and even pictures of my installation.

P.S.  i am not related to any installers .. just that good stuff must share. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, petetherock said:

Nice bro, do you know what brand was the off market GPS from C&C?

I might be keen on that. I have a 8" version already. Cheers

Sorry Bro ... no idea on the GPS provided by C&C .. mine starts up as Eurostyle.  But hvnt been able to figure out what maps it' using. Definitely not the usual popular ones.  

On 23/11/2017 at 2:53 PM, denwee said:

Dear Bros,

For those on the 5.8inch screen, am sure you hated the puny screen with the large border.

Am happy to share that I have successfully upgraded to a 8 inch off market Navitech (Korea) screen.  

Resolution is pretty good and the auto brightness is still available (despite some forum comments that you will lose it).

What came as a very big surprise is that it comes pre-programmed with dynamic lines on the reverse camera.  Ie. When in reverse the parking lines turn when u turn your steering.   There is also additional visual sensor on the screen without having to look at the factory installed proximity sensor in front of the dash and behind the roof. 

Negative side is ... u lose the off market GPS that was given by CnC (if they have given you) as it is not able to upscale to the higher resolution.  But to me, that system is crappy anyway.

I am now waiting for the mirroring module (compatible to both android and ios, and upgradeable with future OS upgrades) to arrive and will then have the full functions.

So if any Bros interested, do PM me.  Will be happy to share more and even pictures of my installation.

Hey can I check this is for which year's w246?

Also, do you mind sharing the details such as workshop/cost/downtime/warranty etc?

Thank you!

On 11/27/2017 at 0:48 PM, zhicharboy said:

Hey can I check this is for which year's w246?

Also, do you mind sharing the details such as workshop/cost/downtime/warranty etc?

Thank you!

Hi 

Mine is a end 2014 pre-FL w246 bought b4 the FL model came in.

3 yrs old now but only now then got time to zng as the last 2 yrs plus I did not managed to drive it as my license return back to TP 😁

Down time approx.  2hrs.  Warranty 1 yr.

Other details I pm u. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 2:53 PM, denwee said:

Dear Bros,

Hi,

I'm keen on this, are you able to share the details, do PM me.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

I am planning to let go of this. 
Anyone interested ?

It is working perfectly well on its own.

The reason for me selling is I recently got a mirror-link module but unfortunately, this monitor does not have a HDMI input that is required.

I got this for $980.   Any offer above $500 will be considered.

I will recommend you an installer to install for you.
No success full refund.

Pls contact me if you are interested.

cheers,
Den

Just now, denwee said:

Hi Guys,

I am planning to let go of this. 
Anyone interested ?

It is working perfectly well on its own.

The reason for me selling is I recently got a mirror-link module but unfortunately, this monitor does not have a HDMI input that is required.

I got this for $980.   Any offer above $500 will be considered.

I will recommend you an installer to install for you.
No success full refund.

Pls contact me if you are interested.

cheers,
Den

This was installed around end November 2017.   Ie. just few months old.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...