• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Unable to jump start

angandy77

Yesterday night my 2 year old A180 battery went totally flat, then ask my bro in law to jump start my car but after we parallel connect the cables, only the headlight managed to light up but the car still unable to crank start. In the end bo bian call Merc24hrs come down n kana carrot $580 for battery replacement. 

I want to ask why my car just cant jump start?

If I want to get a portable jump start kit, what is the recommend mAH battery I should buy?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For jumpstart with another vehicle, u need to keep the 2nd car's engine running & revved at a constant 2.5k rpm in order to generate enough current to start a totally flat battery.  A portable jumpstart kit battery will not be strong enough to jumpstart a totally flat batt. 

I think we too gan jiong. I immediately try to crank the car when it is connected to the doner car. Should leave it running at least 10min to charge up the totally flat battery. Mind cannot think straight when in emergency n kana carrot by their servicing team.