• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W213 E250 experience

iactac

Am considering for a W213 E250 and wonder if any existing users care to share their experience.  I read somewhere that the engine is loud when idle, pick up not smooth, etc.  Test driven the E200 last weekend but didn't have time for E250.  E200 sounds acceptable for me.  Have arranged for test drive but happy to hear anything I should look out for or ask the SE.   

On 11/6/2017 at 6:53 PM, iactac said:

Am considering for a W213 E250 and wonder if any existing users care to share their experience.  I read somewhere that the engine is loud when idle, pick up not smooth, etc.  Test driven the E200 last weekend but didn't have time for E250.  E200 sounds acceptable for me.  Have arranged for test drive but happy to hear anything I should look out for or ask the SE.   

I switch from a w204 to w213 e250. Sounded much quieter and i dont hv issue about engine noise when inside. Pick up is superb after tuning by MT. Been driving using only comfort mode as it is already enough for overtaking in singapore driving. Sports plus becomes a bit scary because pick up is too fast for me.  Might be suitable for ns highway run though.  No regret choosing e250.

On 06/11/2017 at 6:53 PM, iactac said:

It is only noisy outside.  The w213 has very good sound proofing, so you can't feel the nvh inside.  Imo, the e250 is a better buy as u get the widescreen cockpit(which was a 12k option when the w213 e200 was launched) and a 5k higher omv.  

On 10/11/2017 at 5:25 PM, iactac said:

My SE just text me and said price for E class going to remain till after Sunday....and will increase on Monday due to the recent increase in COE.  Well, guess another sales technique from C&C.

So have you decided on your purchase? 

44 minutes ago, iactac said:

Yeah.  Test drove and seems acceptable for me and my family.  A bit jerky at the back but guess that's the fun of a new 9G and probably need time to get used. Mar/Apr shipment though and will have to wait a few more months...😁

Will it be affected by ves surcharge? 

On 11/8/2017 at 10:21 PM, michaelleongchangliat said:

It is only noisy outside.  The w213 has very good sound proofing, so you can't feel the nvh inside.  Imo, the e250 is a better buy as u get the widescreen cockpit(which was a 12k option when the w213 e200 was launched) and a 5k higher omv.  

Yes, It's sounded like a taxi from the outside but it's very quiet on the inside. E250 come with run flat tyres, it's hard and responsive road resulting in a hard ride. The Power & handling of the car is impressive and not forgetting the widescreen cockpit.

I for one feel that the new 9G still need a bit a refinement though...

23 hours ago, iactac said:

Yeah.  Test drove and seems acceptable for me and my family.  A bit jerky at the back but guess that's the fun of a new 9G and probably need time to get used. Mar/Apr shipment though and will have to wait a few more months...😁

It is about 4 to 5 months to have your new car. Why does it take so long to deliver the car?

10 hours ago, iactac said:

Cos the color combination I wanted only has mar/apr delivery....they have jan/feb shipment but if i remember, only black and blue.  

So what is your colour combination? I think black and blue are the common colours?

14 hours ago, iactac said:

Grey with black seats.  You would think it's a common combination....but the earliest batch is shown as March/April.

Mine is selenite grey with beige seats. I think your combination of black seats is not so common in Singapore.

• 3 months later...

Wh

On 16/11/2017 at 7:08 AM, iactac said:

I am lazy and know if i choose beige, it will become brown in no time.  I was deciding between maroon and black, in the end, chose black.  So, kind of similar to the one in the showroom.

How much u pay for it? Comparing e price as SE said came down from Nov. not sure if he is telling e truth.. pm if not convenient. Appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...