• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AMG A45 running in ?

A topic often debated but keen to know your views:

I was assured fully by my sales agent categorically and unequivocally that the AMG A45 did not require a run in process nor the conventional oil change after 1000 km and that this need had long been superseded by technology in both the engine manufacture and advances in lubricant technology.

But, soon as I sat in the seat i saw a sticker on the windscreen detailing a run in procedure. Doubt creeps in.

Anyway, I've only had it a day and trying my best but mollycoddling this car is like taking a greyhound for a walk with leash and having it spot a cat.....

Anybody have views or experience ?

On 11/3/2017 at 10:12 PM, darksaint said:

Refer to the user manual. I recall first 1k need to run in. 

yes thanks. I am aware of the user manual recommendations.

the point being, why would the sales and technical staff insist that is not necessary if the manual says that it is.

I also believe that the manual is not sub model specific. In this case, we are talking AMG engine.

4 hours ago, radar said:

the point being, why would the sales and technical staff insist that is not necessary if the manual says that it is.

I also believe that the manual is not sub model specific. In this case, we are talking AMG engine.

the manual does include amg for the specific class user guide as well.

example during servicing interval amg and non amg service items are slightly different.

7 hours ago, radar said:

i too am curious about that.

my sales person also advised me that run-in is not required and told me to have fun, i took the conservative route and went super easy on the car (C180) for the first 1500km as prescribed by the owners manual.

1st1500..jpg

19 hours ago, darksaint said:

the manual does include amg for the specific class user guide as well.

example during servicing interval amg and non amg service items are slightly different.

Yes indeed, after finding a GLA manual online you are correct (sorry, not opened mine yet, too new and too slack lol)

https://carmanuals2.com/get/mercedes-benz-gla-2017-owner-s-manual-97267

Additional breaking-in notes for Mercedes-
AMG vehicles:

Do not drive faster than 85 mph
(140 km/h) for the first 1,000 miles
(1,500 km).
Only allow the engine to reach a maximum
engine speed of 4,500 rpm briefly.
Change gear in good time.
You should also observe these notes on
breaking-in if the engine or parts of the drive
train on your vehicle have been replaced.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...