• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Up-close with the GLC200 SUV!

Josh21

11 hours ago, Josh21 said:

Getting really good mileage with it! 646km on 1 tank! :D

And thought it was pretty cool with the eyelash effect...

20171114_182211.jpg

Not exactly... u have to use the Other selection From Reset... to actually see what u are achieving for one tank of fuel till reserve tank. 

Mine is 250d... im averaging ard 650km per tank avg speed 20km/h using Comfort mode with 20inch AMG rims.... my frens averaging ard 850km/tank with 19in rims and 1 guy did 925km/tank on ECO mode with 19in rims... of coz their avg speed is higher.IMG-20170706-WA0007.thumb.jpg.a9b1435338ea2c0702e79c2500bd050f.jpg

29 minutes ago, Michaeltoh said:

Not exactly... u have to use the Other selection From Reset... to actually see what u are achieving for one tank of fuel till reserve tank. 

Mine is 250d... im averaging ard 650km per tank avg speed 20km/h using Comfort mode with 20inch AMG rims.... my frens averaging ard 850km/tank with 19in rims and 1 guy did 925km/tank on ECO mode with 19in rims... of coz their avg speed is higher.IMG-20170706-WA0007.thumb.jpg.a9b1435338ea2c0702e79c2500bd050f.jpg

Actually i get similar figures from my trip screen and the range sceeen as well... :D Its pretty accurate!

26 minutes ago, Josh21 said:

Got some nice metal air valve covers with the emblem. Wanna replace the centre caps soon! ^_^

20171116_185102.jpg

I did some read up on these air valve caps and their effect on TPMS internal sensors. Corrosion due to the material used for the special valves with these aluminum valve caps are top issues overseas but that is also partly because they have snow and salt on their wheels once a year.

Another school of thought is that the special TPMS air valves acts as an antennae to allow the communication of the internally mounted sensors with the vehicular body TPMS control unit. so putting an aluminum cap might mess with the signal.

I keep my dull grey plastic caps on despite it being an eyesore..LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

I did some read up on these air valve caps and their effect on TPMS internal sensors. Corrosion due to the material used for the special valves with these aluminum valve caps are top issues overseas but that is also partly because they have snow and salt on their wheels once a year.

Another school of thought is that the special TPMS air valves acts as an antennae to allow the communication of the internally mounted sensors with the vehicular body TPMS control unit. so putting an aluminum cap might mess with the signal.

I keep my dull grey plastic caps on despite it being an eyesore..LOL

Thanks for the info man! Never knew there were such issues...  I'll see if C&C sells the metal ones with the chrome plated and ABS interior. Those are supposed to work fine. ^_^

Merc Valve Caps.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 18 November 2017 at 5:04 PM, Josh21 said:

Really? Hmm... Mine was similar +/- a couple of km... Let me monitor to see if it stays accurate..

Seems more efficient now after running in the engine for the past 3000km.

Getting 614km with 2 bars left on the petrol gauge. Fuel consumption @ 9.4l/100km. Not bad in my opinion! :)

20171211_200003.jpg