• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

95 or 98

Guest Catalyst

Guest Catalyst

Hi folks,

Just wondering what do u feed your W204? 95 or 98 petrol.

The manual recommended min. 95? Any effects if we feed 95?

What's e ave mileage that u r enjoying? :sex:

Guest kopimonster

the effects of using 95 is probably slower pick up, as i have experienced when i was driving my old 318. somehow, i felt that i need to floor the pedal harder in order to match the acceleration of the car when running on 98. the effect for me was so drastic that i kinda felt the car going a second or 2 slower.

Guest NewC180

I've been on Shell 98 since day 1. Able to achieve about 520-550km per full tank average on my C180. There was once that I hit 580km, which is pretty amazing! How about you guys?

Guest NewC180

Mine on 95, and managed to hit 630-650km (for Comfort mode) and 600-620km(Sport mode). Full tank pump abt 63-65litter so quite good I guess :D :D :D

wow that's amazing! :iconsalut: I'll never expect the car to hit about 600km! :o I thought getting near to 600km is damn good already. Think it's time for me to go lighter on my right foot!

Guest echodeltax

My first tank i got about 10 km/l...

I used the "displacement" method which i think is more accurate... pump full tank then reset the mileage reading. then on the next refill, measure how many litre is pumped used and km reading.

Guest holmiumz

ya bro, this is exactly how I measure to. pump full, reset and when it drops to 0, pump full again :D :D :D

bro NewC180, u r sprinter ah? always 9 secs for 0-100? :D :D :D

Guest NewC180

ya bro, this is exactly how I measure to. pump full, reset and when it drops to 0, pump full again :D :D :D

haha... came from the dark side >:D, so right foot very heavy la....

Guest echodeltax

so how many km/l you are getting??

Guest C200mfmw

On 95 for the first 1000km, averaged about 9-10km/l. On 98 for the next 5000km, averaged about 11-11.5km/l. All using S mode and 75% highway/25% city driving. Includes the occasional pedal flooring.

Guest echodeltax

On 95 for the first 1000km, averaged about 9-10km/l. On 98 for the next 5000km, averaged about 11-11.5km/l. All using S mode and 75% highway/25% city driving. Includes the occasional pedal flooring.

That's good mileage!! So i guess we can conclude that 98 can get better mileage and power!! i will continue to use 98 then.

Guest Catalyst

Hi folks,

Great feedback.

I am still on my first tank of petrol, just collected on last Sat la...

Will do my experiment and give u all a field report soon, stay tune.

But one thing I must confess, the ride is really smooth....

:bboyspin:

Guest echodeltax

Hi folks,

Great feedback.

I am still on my first tank of petrol, just collected on last Sat la...

Will do my experiment and give u all a field report soon, stay tune.

But one thing I must confess, the ride is really smooth....

:bboyspin:

Welcome to the Mercedes Benz family!! :)

Guest glenchia

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and will like to share (maybe old news already) that Caltex are doing away with their Gold (98) and bringing in 92 to their range.

Well, the really tempting thing you can get out of this announcement is that their Platinum range is now selling as Gold (98) prices!

Btw, I have been on the observer side in this forum since joining a couple of months back and it has been great info site for me to make one of my best decision till date!

Thanks and looking forward in learning more from this forum.

Cheers!

3 days old C Class owner.. :clap:

Guest holmiumz

welcome bro! few of us are newbie here too (1 month old) :clap: :clap: :clap:

so far I nver pump caltex ...is there really any diff? now Im still on esso promo ($50 get $3 discount so everytim I pump $100 get $6 + Esso card discount = 16%) :D :D :D but soon going to end liao :(

Guest echodeltax

I always stick to Shell. Use UOB Card got extra discount.

Using Shell 98 so far... Getting about 10km/l...

I'm new also about 1 month old too!! hehehe...... :) Still exploring my baby C-Class...

Guest nightfly

I'm using Caltex 95. Flash SAFRA card and get 12% discount. Can use with any credit card so you might still enjoy further discounts if you have one of those rebate type cards ;D

Guest Catalyst

Hi folks,

I manage to get 560Km on my 1st full tank of 56 litres on C mode. Hence, 10Km/l.

In C mode, I find the car to be lacking in power during the 1500 to 2000 rpm zone, in fact, I can even hear some tingling sound coming from under the hood which prompted me to step harder on the accelerator to bring more stabilising power (and no more noise) to the car.

Feedback guys?

Guest echodeltax

Hi folks,

I manage to get 560Km on my 1st full tank of 56 litres on C mode. Hence, 10Km/l.

In C mode, I find the car to be lacking in power during the 1500 to 2000 rpm zone, in fact, I can even hear some tingling sound coming from under the hood which prompted me to step harder on the accelerator to bring more stabilising power (and no more noise) to the car.

Feedback guys?

Yeah... the "tingling" sound does it sounds like as if the car like knocking, like not enough fuel to burn.

i just felt it when i drove up the ecp slope from suntec. it sounds like some rotor propeller sound, quite soft sound.

hard to describe.... is the same sound when start car in the morning, when is not warm-up yet.

Guest holmiumz

ya lor, me the same too so sometimes jus drop gear or toggle to S mode to counter it..

:offtopic: btw when at slopes, did you guys notice there got kind of brake-assist where you dun need to step brake and the car wont reverse?

Guest Sareve

ya lor, me the same too so sometimes jus drop gear or toggle to S mode to counter it..

:offtopic: btw when at slopes, did you guys notice there got kind of brake-assist where you dun need to step brake and the car wont reverse?

It's not a brake assist, it's just your auto car rolling forward while in gear, I do believe it's somewhat like half-clutching on a slope in a manual car to stop the car from rolling backwards, it's probably not good for your car. I came to this conclusion because higher cc cars actually roll forward on a slope (the rather steep slope at the end of 6th Avenue in particular).

Guest echodeltax

I dont think that is "brake-assist" lah... . is just the auto-gear moving forward that is why your car wont reverse back lor...

btw, how do you "Drop gear"?? Shift the + - sign is it??

So far i have not used that before. i just depressed my accelerator harder can feel the car change gear by itself, but is not so responsive. takes some time for it to change.

Guest angela

holmiumz ]

It' wrote:

dan is correct.

the w220 s280 doesn't come with SBC stock, iirc, now its called brake HOLD function so by putting the gear to D and releasing the brake pedal ur car is actually using the torque converter to balance the car when on a slope.. it may seem like a comfort feature but in the long run you're gonna wear something out as the hardware wasn't designed to keep a > 2000kg car balanced without aids.