• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC200

rshk

2 hours ago, Josh21 said:

I test drove both. 200 has less power, I felt that it was noticeable, but could be just bias since it wasn't a blind test.

But it depends on how you drive too, I think. If you're the racer kind, maybe more noticeable than if you're the family driver. :)

Personally, I think the little difference in the horsepower (181 vs 208) won't make much of a difference, especially on Singapore road whereby there are so many traffic lights, jam etc. 

Another thing to consider - in terms of availability, when i signed in August, the GLC 200 delivery was in Oct/Nov 2017 whilst the GLC 250 was Feb/Mar 2018.

And also heard that the 250 price will also increase with the new VES scheme...

But if you can wait, then 250 AMG styling more chio.. but the sidesteps are annoying though.

2 hours ago, Josh21 said:

Another thing to consider - in terms of availability, when i signed in August, the GLC 200 delivery was in Oct/Nov 2017 whilst the GLC 250 was Feb/Mar 2018.

And also heard that the 250 price will also increase with the new VES scheme...

But if you can wait, then 250 AMG styling more chio.. but the sidesteps are annoying though.

I heard from C&C SE that car prices going to increase next year. 

14 hours ago, Josh21 said:

Here's the specs comparison. Less power and torque for the GLC200.

Its a matter of perspective and driving habits. So, if you take it easy on the ride, the difference is imperceptible... If you really push the car, then it is noticeable.

GLC.PNG

Surprising to find out that consumption and emission is exactly the same for a 200 2WD vs a 250 4matic. 

There must be some mistake some where in the figures. 

6 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Surprising to find out that consumption and emission is exactly the same for a 200 2WD vs a 250 4matic. 

There must be some mistake some where in the figures. 

If both cars weight the same, it's possible 200 and 250 have similar consumption.

But GLC200 comes without 4MATIC, there should be reduction of at least 5-10% on emission and fuel consumption. 

3 hours ago, Coppermine said:

If both cars weight the same, it's possible 200 and 250 have similar consumption.

But GLC200 comes without 4MATIC, there should be reduction of at least 5-10% on emission and fuel consumption. 

Yes exactly my point. If the emission is similar, likely VES will hit the 200 too. 

1 hour ago, VRAtenza said:

Yes exactly my point. If the emission is similar, likely VES will hit the 200 too. 

I saw the same too, and asked the sales staff, apparently the GLC200 should have better fuel consumption owing to it being lighter and having only RWD. Emissions should also be lower for the GLC200. Probably they misprinted in the brochure...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On Wed Sep 27 2017 at 11:56 PM, rshk said:

Anyone test drove the Glc200?

How's the drive and power compared to the 250?

i tested the glc200 at cars&coffee, power wise still acceptable for sg road, oso its turbo engine. the unit i tried come complete w distronic n many other power fearures