• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Taobao can buy items for GLC

VRAtenza

48 minutes ago, JohnnyKOK said:

Can advice how much is the price after shipping? Can anyone purchase 1 pair for me as I don' have TB account, I only have Aliexpress, but cannot locate this design 

The shipping is only less than a few dollars as it is a very light and compact shipping package. See if kevinkoh is willing to tompang for you with his own order. 

I can help you get but i am not sure when i am buying more stuff from TaoBao..... Running out of stuff to get for GLC.... .still thinking hard on the 3D tweeter though.... Lol

1 hour ago, Kevk said:

Was it hard to install? I was quoted 1.3k by Elebest. 

You need to be pretty handy to install it yourself. Not for novice car DIYers. 

I suggest you buy and pay a workshop to install for you. 

Definitely much less than 1.3k in total. 

Boot liner. Fits perfectly. Water proof and flexible material. 

Only downside is access to the underfloor storage is still possible but because of the liner rubbing against the side of the boot, need more effort to push up the floor board. 

Screenshot_20171011-221738.thumb.jpg.c6e99379a8d4ca6c0cdff4142c0173b0.jpg

Screenshot_20171011-221839.thumb.jpg.a22af429aabd71ae188233412005bef1.jpg

*pic not mine, grabbed from taobao website. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:27 PM, VRAtenza said:

Boot liner. Fits perfectly. Water proof and flexible material. 

Only downside is access to the underfloor storage is still possible but because of the liner rubbing against the side of the boot, need more effort to push up the floor board. 

Screenshot_20171011-221738.thumb.jpg.c6e99379a8d4ca6c0cdff4142c0173b0.jpg

Screenshot_20171011-221839.thumb.jpg.a22af429aabd71ae188233412005bef1.jpg

*pic not mine, grabbed from taobao website. 

I am also using it. Due to the perfect match when accessing the under storage is not so ez. 

My advice is choose the one without the sharp edges on the right hand side...plain rectangular in shape. 

Inner door handle protectors. Stainless steel in black titanium effect finish. 

What I like about this particular design is that it molds to the curvature of the cavity and thus giving a better coverage. Reinforced the double sided tape myself with extra 3M ones to make sure they stick well. So far no issues. 

20171030_084012-picsay.thumb.jpg.b66633c6b788a76d5b0635c5dc3863f4.jpg

3 hours ago, Josh21 said:

Hey man, did u do the installation yourself? Any special tools required? Or the run of the mill screwdrivers, wrenches etc?

Yes DIYed. No specisl tools. Just screw drivers, grip gloves and reverse engineering skill.. Lol

Tips, before starting, can remove the new diamond grille from packaging and look at all the tabs locations, the locations are same as the original grille (obviously). Can use a long screwdriver to partially unhook the tabs before pushing the grille towards the radiator direction to dislodge the tabs. Might need a bit of force to be applied at the right location (tabs). 

Here are some reference installation photos:

20170430_174035-picsay.thumb.jpg.ce401ccba6f6130b40e4dcb376a05485.jpg

20170430_162114-picsay.thumb.jpg.57aadf5551c1fa8a6f81116a4cfad61c.jpg

20170430_173916-picsay.thumb.jpg.68350f89c9c3edcf0f1514f6234ec6fe.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Yes DIYed. No specisl tools. Just screw drivers, grip gloves and reverse engineering skill.. Lol

Tips, before starting, can remove the new diamond grille from packaging and look at all the tabs locations, the locations are same as the original grille (obviously). Can use a long screwdriver to partially unhook the tabs before pushing the grille towards the radiator direction to dislodge the tabs. Might need a bit of force to be applied at the right location (tabs). 

Here are some reference installation photos:

20170430_174035-picsay.thumb.jpg.ce401ccba6f6130b40e4dcb376a05485.jpg

20170430_162114-picsay.thumb.jpg.57aadf5551c1fa8a6f81116a4cfad61c.jpg

20170430_173916-picsay.thumb.jpg.68350f89c9c3edcf0f1514f6234ec6fe.jpg

Thanks man! 

Just to check, these are the 6 screws that need to be taken out right? Was taking a quick look yday and they don't seem like normal screws, how do you take them out?

20171103_081344_(1).jpg

1 hour ago, Josh21 said:

Thanks man! 

Just to check, these are the 6 screws that need to be taken out right? Was taking a quick look yday and they don't seem like normal screws, how do you take them out?

20171103_081344_(1).jpg

those are easy.

that is actually made up of 2 parts, an outer part and a central plug.

Just use a small flat head screwdriver and insert into a notch along the circumference of the plug head and angle it upwards and use your finger to pull it up gently till it stops. Do not need to pull out the plug fully. By doing that, it will loosen the outer part's contact with the side of the hole and you can remove both component together as a single piece. 

when putting it back, make sure the central plug is in same position as when you just about to pull it out. put the outer part and central plug into the hole. once in, push the central plug down to secure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VRAtenza said:

those are easy.

that is actually made up of 2 parts, an outer part and a central plug.

Just use a small flat head screwdriver and insert into a notch along the circumference of the plug head and angle it upwards and use your finger to pull it up gently till it stops. Do not need to pull out the plug fully. By doing that, it will loosen the outer part's contact with the side of the hole and you can remove both component together as a single piece. 

when putting it back, make sure the central plug is in same position as when you just about to pull it out. put the outer part and central plug into the hole. once in, push the central plug down to secure.

Thanks a bunch! You've been really helpful! :)