• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AMG GLA 45 or A 45

very first post here ...need of some advice from experienced A owners if I may..

After being devout Audi owner approaching 8 yo time to change... test drove the new A45 other weekend and fell for it (the crackle in S+ mode sold me ...yeah).

Problem is I cannot decide on GLA or A. I know the differences, slight increase in practicality on GLA vs slight increase in performance on A. Legroom in back of GLA seems much better than A, though it may be an illusion.

Other problem is C&C existing stocks... only A45 comes with sunroof which i simply dun need and dun wan because of extra weight and not in desired colour, and only GLA they have for prompt delivery dun have dynamic plus package which is essential for me.

so only option is to indent, then I am told i have to pay 20k more coz of likely new VEF taxation rules, and wait till feb..... 

appreciate any help on this decision,,,,

7 hours ago, radar said:

very first post here ...need of some advice from experienced A owners if I may..

After being devout Audi owner approaching 8 yo time to change... test drove the new A45 other weekend and fell for it (the crackle in S+ mode sold me ...yeah).

Problem is I cannot decide on GLA or A. I know the differences, slight increase in practicality on GLA vs slight increase in performance on A. Legroom in back of GLA seems much better than A, though it may be an illusion.

Other problem is C&C existing stocks... only A45 comes with sunroof which i simply dun need and dun wan because of extra weight and not in desired colour, and only GLA they have for prompt delivery dun have dynamic plus package which is essential for me.

so only option is to indent, then I am told i have to pay 20k more coz of likely new VEF taxation rules, and wait till feb..... 

appreciate any help on this decision,,,,

I am driving the A45.  Fun car with the sound to intoxicate.  

Wished i had the sunroof!!!  In my opinion, the amount of power on the car makes the extra weight from the sunroof negligible.  

Colour is a different issue.  Choose the colour you like!  What are the colours that is available?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 9:31 PM, Hgatomic said:

I am driving the A45.  Fun car with the sound to intoxicate.  

Wished i had the sunroof!!!  In my opinion, the amount of power on the car makes the extra weight from the sunroof negligible.  

Colour is a different issue.  Choose the colour you like!  What are the colours that is available?

howdy Hgatomic.

they had red and white, but no longer a white.....:lol:

22 minutes ago, radar said:

though I would say, basis extra performance, if i did not own an Audi prior, I would have gone for the RS3 at 400 bhp... 

Hahahaha.... i find the dashboard of the RS pretty cool.. however the look of the car pretty normal..

2 hours ago, radar said:

though I would say, basis extra performance, if i did not own an Audi prior, I would have gone for the RS3 at 400 bhp... 

lets not forget the RS3 and A45 AMG are playing tit for tat and one upmanship everytime the new edition is released. There is no question the next AMG A45 will surpass the 400 bhp of the latest RS3....

2 hours ago, radar said:

lets not forget the RS3 and A45 AMG are playing tit for tat and one upmanship everytime the new edition is released. There is no question the next AMG A45 will surpass the 400 bhp of the latest RS3....

too many horses already...

teehee

13 hours ago, radar said:

Curious why you went A45 AMG and not RS3 then?

I actual like the styling of the A45... i find the RS3 quite conservative...  not too fuse about the horses as I feel that anything in excess of 350 is already enough...