Merc Fan

Car polishing

30 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Onyxz said:

The you are leaving your paint work naked to the elements. It only takes an extra 15mins (quick wax) or 30mins (sealant) to protect your car.

Thank you for your advice! :)

On 9/21/2017 at 7:40 PM, Merc Fan said:

I try not to park in the open but no choice! :( Only when I go home, I can safely park my car in the basement carpark. I try to wash the car at least 2 times a week. 

Washing once twice a week should be enough to keep your car clean.

Like mentioned in the previous post,try to apply spray wax once a week instead of after every wash

I am just curious if anyone uses a portable car polisher and if that really helps than manual polishing by hand and cloth. Manually polishing my W205 now but I am thinking of getting a handheld polisher when the E class arrives..

23 hours ago, Ivo said:

I am just curious if anyone uses a portable car polisher and if that really helps than manual polishing by hand and cloth. Manually polishing my W205 now but I am thinking of getting a handheld polisher when the E class arrives..

If your intent is just to make polishing easier then the portable ones (assume 12voltd)are ok. For paint correction you will need higher power ones for the speed and you will need proper pads for the task. Also if used incorrectly it may burn the paint. 

12 hours ago, joecamel said:

If your intent is just to make polishing easier then the portable ones (assume 12voltd)are ok. For paint correction you will need higher power ones for the speed and you will need proper pads for the task. Also if used incorrectly it may burn the paint. 

Thanks Joecamel, yes this is more to ease the manual polishing work. I am thinking to try out cheap palm held models than invest too much at the risk of turning into a white elephant.