• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Brands for Tyres

Merc Fan

My first original set of tires lasted 45,000km. Actually still left 30% but backside itchy.  I changed to P7. 

P7 is very noisy. Maybe I am unlucky. The brand new set of P7 lasted only 8,000km and started to disintegrate. Patches falling out. Just normal driving fetching kid to school. Very disappointed with P7 RFT 225 17" 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Autoswede said:

Saw a G30 530i with Hankook evo tyres also. Factory gave Goodyear F1 AS3 on my e200. So far not bad, noticed a rim protection feature on the tyre, hope I don't ever need to test it.

2n1s19f.jpg

Is your car W213 E250? Goodyear is a good brand too and it is made in Germany.

19 hours ago, Autoswede said:

Mine is a e200 exclusive.

Same staggered setup as the e250. Yeah, tyres made in Germany, front tyres 246/45/R18 very fresh (1417) rear tyre 275/40/R18 not as fresh (4916). 

First time on Goodyear, previous ride on ps3 and a few sets of csc before that.

Why the rear tyre not as fresh as the frontal ones? Do you mean they look older? Maybe they have been manufactured much earlier?

By the way, is it hard to maintain your nappa leather seats?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 9/23/2017 at 5:38 PM, Merc Fan said:

Why the rear tyre not as fresh as the frontal ones? Do you mean they look older? Maybe they have been manufactured much earlier?

By the way, is it hard to maintain your nappa leather seats?

1417 on your tyre means it was manufactured in week 14 of year 2017. Hence 4916 means week 49 of year 2016. They are manufactured about 4 mths apart.