• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Cleaning the car

Merc Fan

8 hours ago, Merc Fan said:

Hi bros,

How most of you clean your car? Do you go to Petrol Kiosk to have a car wash or do you actually do it yourself, and how often do you wash your car?

First few times, I wash myself. After that, too lazy and just send to petrol kiosk.

10 hours ago, swissfondue said:

First few times, I wash myself. After that, too lazy and just send to petrol kiosk.

I also send to Petrol Kiosk. Not very clean but at least they clean away some dirt. I wonder how often should the car be polished to retain its shine?

I wash mine weekly and apply a layer of spray wax. However, sometimes car gets too dirty (due to those 20 minutes rain leaving stains on the car), i would do a mid week wash. 

This is after a polish and wax quarterly. 

Mine is a black car so the wash regime is a bit more stringent. 

1 hour ago, joecamel said:

I wash mine weekly and apply a layer of spray wax. However, sometimes car gets too dirty (due to those 20 minutes rain leaving stains on the car), i would do a mid week wash. 

This is after a polish and wax quarterly. 

Mine is a black car so the wash regime is a bit more stringent. 

Do you wash the car yourself? What kind of spray wax do you use? As our cars are already coated with nano sealant by C&C, will your spray wax affect the layer of nano on the car?

yes, i wash the car myself, i alternate between meguiar's quik wax and meguiar's gold class quik wax  (just because i bought both by mistake). i find the gold class quik wax leaves a slightly deeper shine.

the spray wax adds protection to the nano. think of the nano sealant as your base protection and the spray wax as a thin topping.

i do my own polish and wax so didnt get the cnc nano.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 5:19 PM, joecamel said:

yes, i wash the car myself, i alternate between meguiar's quik wax and meguiar's gold class quik wax  (just because i bought both by mistake). i find the gold class quik wax leaves a slightly deeper shine.

the spray wax adds protection to the nano. think of the nano sealant as your base protection and the spray wax as a thin topping.

i do my own polish and wax so didnt get the cnc nano.

seems like i also do the same like u, wash once a week myself, once a month wax with either spray wax or liquid wax

• 10 months later...

Alternate between washing the car by myself and at the gas station each month. Polishing and vacuum always by myself after a good wash. Using Meguiar detailer and Amorall wax for exterior and some German technology leathercare treatment agent for seats

• 3 months later...

Almost daily wash personally since day one with Wash & Wax solution from Autobac. Dry the car to remove raindrops if possible after parking under car park lot. Beautifully maintained even 10 years before trading in for new one😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gideon said:

Almost daily wash personally since day one with Wash & Wax solution from Autobac. Dry the car to remove raindrops if possible after parking under car park lot. Beautifully maintained even 10 years before trading in for new one😀

That's alot of muscle power for a daily wash!

I wash mine once a week but when when it rain I make sure i wipe off the rainwater which may stain the paint.

I use quick detailing once every 2 weeks and a sealant about once in 3 months.