• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Magnetic window

Jkcs

1 hour ago, LaKopi said:

I did ask this magnetic carshade SG in FB.

his reply is power, say need GB $60.00 for 4pcs and $100.00 for 5pcs and need min 20 sets.

i don't know how to reply him 😅

Most likely get from taobao put own label. 

Might as well go direct to taobao. 

Take note, as our GLC's window frames do not have exposed metal surface, need to add stick on low profile metal embedded pieces (4 per movable window) to hold the shades in place and keep readily removable. 

Our GLC will have total of 9 pieces (including the rear hatch). 

20170810_190931-picsay.jpg.97ee1b3d793bf31523a27b095948f3ab.jpg20170810_190958-picsay.thumb.jpg.b084a3873aa6bc68cc87ea5dbf28d087.jpg20170810_191102-picsay.thumb.jpg.cc4d55504710e247fcb1a4cf0d2c7d06.jpg

• Like 1

I got it from Britz sunshades... 

https://www.facebook.com/britzaccessories/

For theirs need to install 2 low profile clips per side window. 8 low profile clips needed.

There are a total of 8 sunshades (4 each side of the car including the small side windows at the car boot, but mine is glc suv). I didn't take the rear windscreen piece as I was afraid it may impede visibility especially at night. 

Please Facebook message them for price (less than 200 I think excluding rear window screen piece). They respond really quickly and their office is at west coast car mart.

Been using it for 3 weeks and very satisfied so far! 

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

Oh Ya, just to add.. The double sided tape for the low profile clips come off easily so I used some sugru (2 packs needed) from homefix to attach the 8 clips. 

My double sided tape came off easily initially, but took a heat gun and heat up the tape, used alcohol to wipe the surface to attach, it stays on good... For now. Have not parked in hot burning noon sun yet, so not sure if it will hold in that condition. 

This sugru is interesting! First time heard about it and went to their website to research a little. 

Seem like it will hold well but can it be removed from our artico covered window ledge without any residue when it is time to dekit? 

I've not tried removing but from Internet videos on removal and it looks easy and residue free. Even if there are some residue left, it's going to be black on black it will not be noticeable. Also, the sunshades from Britz do not need the bottom pieces that stick onto the artico, only the top pieces on the non-porous inside door trim are needed. I'll take a photo tomorrow to post here to show how it looks like.

I usually park in the outdoor burning sun for the entire day and it stays on great so far. Even with putting on and removal of sunshades multiple times each day by kids etc.

The sugru material is great and I am thinking of using to do up a magnetic wireless dash mount for the mobile. Let's see how it goes.