• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 battery

Omgamg

OK my battery is at 75% after 2.5 years so I am thinking of changing it. I remember I once asked a petrol station guy and he told me stop start battery costs $400-600. I think that's quite expensive cos normal ones are only $150. I can switch off the stop start function. 

An thoughts?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omgamg said:

What is this specific battery called?

Is this the one?

Product Images

For more information, please contact us:

Singapore (Regional Headquarter)
Johnson Controls (S) Pte Ltd
6 Changi Business Park Avenue 1
#06-21/22 UE Bizhub East (North Tower)
Singapore 486017
Tel: +65-6748-0202
Email: [email protected]

Merc using OEM varta AGM battery for start stop cars

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2017 at 10:21 AM, Angchug said:

I am using AGM  Start/Stop 80A. You can find them on Facebook under VARTA BATTERY EXPERT or WhatsApp them at 96589770. 

Is yours w205? I thought 80ah Varta AGM battery size can't fit into the battery holder area. That's why I used back the exact spec as the original battery that came with the car. 70AH

IMG_9425.JPG

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Can you tell me what is the brand of the battery that we get when the car is new ?

And is it better to buy the same brand ? Have you checked if it's cheaper to buy it somewhere else but Benz dealer ?

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Benzw205 said:

Hello,

Can you tell me what is the brand of the battery that we get when the car is new ?

And is it better to buy the same brand ? Have you checked if it's cheaper to buy it somewhere else but Benz dealer ?

Thank you.

Hi,

the default battery is likely from Merc OEM from Varta. 

If you have cnc service credit can get from them for peace of mind or can get from any stockist or workshop that carries AGM type battery. 

12 minutes ago, darksaint said:

Most members experience start stop feature no longer work when battery is starting to fail. 

Oh ! Very interesting to know, thank you ! So it could be a sign that the battery will need to be changed soon.

Do you know if I should change it as soon as start / stops fails ? Or can I wait longer without risk if I disable start/stop ? (but maybe if the battery is too weak, this function will automatically be disabled ?)

Thank you so much !

4 minutes ago, Benzw205 said:

Oh ! Very interesting to know, thank you ! So it could be a sign that the battery will need to be changed soon.

Do you know if I should change it as soon as start / stops fails ? Or can I wait longer without risk if I disable start/stop ? (but maybe if the battery is too weak, this function will automatically be disabled ?)

Thank you so much !

Guess it depends on ur mileage and if the car is driven daily.

Would suggest to change if sign shows to prevent can’t start engine at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/25/2017 at 8:23 AM, Angchug said:

Just replaced mine Varta 80A , $394. Can order directly with Varta SG 

Hello, do you know if it's more expensive when having it changed by the dealer ? Did you change it yourself without any problem ? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Went for 60,000km service with cnc with eco start stop not working. Service advisor say main battery weak and quoted $500+. I ask them isn’t this due to auxiliary battery aka capacitor bank, they say w205 only has one battery which is the main. Eco strt stop use the converter. 

Anyway I learnt from Mb forums that auxiliary battery = converter which consist of some capacitor and an electronic board 

Cnc claim vehicle will not start if I don’t replaceand battery warantee is 2yr or 30,000km which ever early

Cut story: I bought a varta battery from Stockist and went workshop. Workshop did a battery check on existing battery and it has 42% left. So never change. Now I suspect is aux battery which is just some capacitor to hold charge is not working 

is cnc test different from workshop? 42% capacity left will fail their battery test?

Going back to ask them if can claim warrantee

Did some research. 

If the “auxiliary battery” aka converter is faulty: the eco logo likely will not appear.

if the eco logo appears but always Amber, then should be main battery weak. 

Went ahead to to replace the main battery and yeah the eco is working now. Not that I am using it though.. 

for knowledge sharing

• 5 months later...