andylgk

Changing all 4 Doors Speakers for E250 CGI (W212)

10 posts in this topic

Dear all,

All my 4 speakers are rattling when volume turn a little up. Time to change.

Anyone know any reliable and reasonable workshop that specialized in changing Mercedes Speakers?

As I understand that need to open up the door panels and also unplug some wirings. And I learn that there are some "clips" in the door panels are are quite fragile.

As such, I am quite concern and would hope to go to an experience workshop (other than C&C who usually arm with a knife to slaughter) who is also specialize in Speakers or ICE. I do not want a situation that speakers rectified but have to face with other electronics or wiring issue on other functions later.

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:49 PM, andylgk said:

Dear all,

All my 4 speakers are rattling when volume turn a little up. Time to change.

Anyone know any reliable and reasonable workshop that specialized in changing Mercedes Speakers?

As I understand that need to open up the door panels and also unplug some wirings. And I learn that there are some "clips" in the door panels are are quite fragile.

As such, I am quite concern and would hope to go to an experience workshop (other than C&C who usually arm with a knife to slaughter) who is also specialize in Speakers or ICE. I do not want a situation that speakers rectified but have to face with other electronics or wiring issue on other functions later.

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks.

Hey bro, meet with the same problem, any luck on your side ? 

On 10/17/2017 at 1:07 AM, bossbthk said:

Hey bro, meet with the same problem, any luck on your side ? 

Yes, I got them changed at an Audio Shop in Ubi with German made brand. Damage at $600 for 6 speakers (including two which are placed inside the panels next to the side mirrors). All 4 door speakers diaphragm broken when the doors panels were opened up. They were made of paper.

Understand this appears to be a common problem for my generation (W212 - 2010) of Merc.

Hi bro, able to share where u install the speaker? mine having the same problem

German Maestro at Audio Solution (Ubi). 

My pleasure.

Understand they have cheaper alternatives (made in China) at about half the price I think.

Hope the info is helpful. 

Yes , it is very helpful , will be changing the speakers tomorrow !!!

Great. You can practically sit beside your car (in aircon room) to see them do the job. Takes about 1.5 - 2 hours.

All the best.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:12 PM, andylgk said:

My pleasure.

Understand they have cheaper alternatives (made in China) at about half the price I think.

Hope the info is helpful. 

Cheaper alternative at half price isit same brand German Maestro but country of origin China?