• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Changing all 4 Doors Speakers for E250 CGI (W212)

Dear all,

All my 4 speakers are rattling when volume turn a little up. Time to change.

Anyone know any reliable and reasonable workshop that specialized in changing Mercedes Speakers?

As I understand that need to open up the door panels and also unplug some wirings. And I learn that there are some "clips" in the door panels are are quite fragile.

As such, I am quite concern and would hope to go to an experience workshop (other than C&C who usually arm with a knife to slaughter) who is also specialize in Speakers or ICE. I do not want a situation that speakers rectified but have to face with other electronics or wiring issue on other functions later.

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/23/2017 at 6:49 PM, andylgk said:

Dear all,

All my 4 speakers are rattling when volume turn a little up. Time to change.

Anyone know any reliable and reasonable workshop that specialized in changing Mercedes Speakers?

As I understand that need to open up the door panels and also unplug some wirings. And I learn that there are some "clips" in the door panels are are quite fragile.

As such, I am quite concern and would hope to go to an experience workshop (other than C&C who usually arm with a knife to slaughter) who is also specialize in Speakers or ICE. I do not want a situation that speakers rectified but have to face with other electronics or wiring issue on other functions later.

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks.

Hey bro, meet with the same problem, any luck on your side ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 1:07 AM, bossbthk said:

Hey bro, meet with the same problem, any luck on your side ? 

Yes, I got them changed at an Audio Shop in Ubi with German made brand. Damage at $600 for 6 speakers (including two which are placed inside the panels next to the side mirrors). All 4 door speakers diaphragm broken when the doors panels were opened up. They were made of paper.

Understand this appears to be a common problem for my generation (W212 - 2010) of Merc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/15/2017 at 2:12 PM, andylgk said:

My pleasure.

Understand they have cheaper alternatives (made in China) at about half the price I think.

Hope the info is helpful. 

Cheaper alternative at half price isit same brand German Maestro but country of origin China?  

• 11 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, Rogerlim_21 said:

Hi bros, Can the head unit install the amp and sub woofer?

Nothing is impossible!

Depending on your budget, you can have many choices & alternatives.

Your I.C.E shop can tap off your higher level speaker output to a sound processor.

To have amp/amps & subwoofer/subwoofers, you need to upgrade your stock speakers too to match your sub/subs.

You may need tweeters too and depending you wanna a 2 way system or 3 way system. i.e 

2 way - mid woofer & tweeter 

3 way - mid woofer/mid range/tweeter

Cheapest is to keep your stock speakers & get an active sub without the need of a sound processor, amp & sub/subs.

Go shop around ICE shops and see what're their  recommendations & quotations.

End of the day is what you want i.e cheap & adequate or a competition sound system or some where between and not forgetting your budget.

Hope I answer your questions!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

40 minutes ago, Rogerlim_21 said:

Brother、 What is stock speaker?

Stock speakers are those speakers that originally came with your car.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)