• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Vibration when engine is cold and at 60km/hr

Jimmy Goh

Hi eveyone, i need some advice, im currently driving a 2008 w211. I bought it 1 year ago. Recently i notice that every morning or when the car is started after 2 to 4 hour immobilized anytime of the day, the car will vibrate hard but when you ramp the car or drive for about an hour (engineer hot) the vibrate is felt less. You can feel the vibration at around RPM 2-3 and at 60k/per hour. What could be the reason. Im thinking of renewing this car COE for another 10 year but this vibration thingy make me reconsider.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi bro Jimmy,

Immobilize mean cannot start or?  From what you described; Likely to be worn bearing or pulley if you didn't detect any other abnormalities or possibly some failed sensors.

Best to let a trained mechanic who throughoutly know about this model well enough for accurate and correct diagnosis. You can also DIY scan and check for any error code via the ODB2 port.

I have also owned my W211 for over a year before taking the plunge lately to renew the COE. So far no regret.

Keeping fingers crossed 🤞 haha

Hi Odessus,

Thanks fir your reply.

Yes, the steering vibrate, if it is cause by the mounting then should be ok, what i afraid was the engine and this may cost a bomb. But to think of it, in order to access the mounting, the whole engine must take out and my car is already 9 years old not sure whether the cables, pipes etc.. will become loose or spoil after fixing back the engine.

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Goh said:

Hi IMac,

Thanks for your reply.

What are the cost for both these parts and where can i find a reliable workshop?

Your car is 2008...left only 1 years to drive...no need buy original parts, OEM will do.

OEM Gearbox Mounting = $25

OEM Engine Mounting Left & Right = $50+$50

Labour $100 to $150.

Total less than $300.

Some brothers here go JB to repair..lagi cheaper.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Hi,

For M271 engine, the engine/transmission mount replacement is very simple .. for my car, the WS only spend  30min job  ..  BTW, do not need to take out engine .. 

the labour cost about $30~40 for each mount .. :)

regards

• 1 year later...

Hi sorry for reviving this thread up but have just solved the exact issue with my E230 W211 2008 car. Now loving it. Quiet as a church mouse now. Went to my regular JB garage but seems I paid more than what iMac was charged...boo hoo by about $100 more. But then, Instead of OEM, my mechanic got for me a German brand ( I saw the brand on the box starting with G....) Said it will last longer than the OEM ones. Took his words for it. RGT $1,200(SGD400) for the 3 said mountings. Overall happy like shit because it solved my problem, exactly like Jimmy's. I also changed the Transmission oil and transmission filter. I guess that does the trick. I too have renewed my COE in June this year.