• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 run flat tyres

Omgamg

Anyone notice the stock tyres for w205 have poor grip in wet weather? 

Also mine clicked 25k and almost botak liao, is it normal? Do rf wear out faster?

If I change to normal tyres will void warranty and insurance? I read that the car is tuned for run flat so must stick rf is this true?

think 30k onwards to change should be normal.
the brand of your current RF?

wun void warranty for normal tyres unless ur tyre causes something to fail which is unlikely.
i changed to normal tyre around 20K plus cos cant stand the road noise.

Recently changed mine to normal Michelin PS4 at about 23k KM. Much quieter and better grip. The tyre shop had quite a bit of difficulty removing the stock run flats from the rims because the side walls were so hard. For added peace of mind, carry tyre patching kits (canister type) or do puncture prevention coating. 

• 6 months later...

I was recently 'saved' by the stock run flat tires on my C180. I was driving back from KL when I hitted a nail in the tire. It was raining very heavily non stop. Very scary, can't even see the road 100m ahead. When I finally reached the causeway, encountered this huge neck to neck traffic jam for 4 hours. Reached home midnight. No way out nor tire shops at all. The run flats brought my family home safely. Only managed to change the tire the next day......phew, suddenly its worth the price and the noise and the poor grip etc .... This one event could have put my whole family in danger if not for the run flats.    

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 10:40 PM, Flyfisherman said:

I was recently 'saved' by the stock run flat tires on my C180. I was driving back from KL when I hitted a nail in the tire. It was raining very heavily non stop. Very scary, can't even see the road 100m ahead. When I finally reached the causeway, encountered this huge neck to neck traffic jam for 4 hours. Reached home midnight. No way out nor tire shops at all. The run flats brought my family home safely. Only managed to change the tire the next day......phew, suddenly its worth the price and the noise and the poor grip etc .... This one event could have put my whole family in danger if not for the run flats.    

Good to find someone that share the same sentiments with RFT. I had a few experiences and the RFT really saved that day, For me I am sticking to RFT!

On 8/7/2017 at 7:33 PM, algergohce said:

Recently changed mine to normal Michelin PS4 at about 23k KM. Much quieter and better grip. The tyre shop had quite a bit of difficulty removing the stock run flats from the rims because the side walls were so hard. For added peace of mind, carry tyre patching kits (canister type) or do puncture prevention coating. 

any experience with the puncture prevention coating? am thinking of changing to normal tyres too.

• 5 months later...

Stock MOE RFT from C&C staggered setup for 2.5yrs now with 40K, still have some life on both front tires. Had to change the rear set few months back due to a nail into the edge of sidewall.. So far, the stock RF's have been pretty acceptable to me..