Omgamg

W205 run flat tyres

9 posts in this topic

Anyone notice the stock tyres for w205 have poor grip in wet weather? 

Also mine clicked 25k and almost botak liao, is it normal? Do rf wear out faster?

If I change to normal tyres will void warranty and insurance? I read that the car is tuned for run flat so must stick rf is this true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think 30k onwards to change should be normal.
the brand of your current RF?

wun void warranty for normal tyres unless ur tyre causes something to fail which is unlikely.
i changed to normal tyre around 20K plus cos cant stand the road noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently changed mine to normal Michelin PS4 at about 23k KM. Much quieter and better grip. The tyre shop had quite a bit of difficulty removing the stock run flats from the rims because the side walls were so hard. For added peace of mind, carry tyre patching kits (canister type) or do puncture prevention coating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was recently 'saved' by the stock run flat tires on my C180. I was driving back from KL when I hitted a nail in the tire. It was raining very heavily non stop. Very scary, can't even see the road 100m ahead. When I finally reached the causeway, encountered this huge neck to neck traffic jam for 4 hours. Reached home midnight. No way out nor tire shops at all. The run flats brought my family home safely. Only managed to change the tire the next day......phew, suddenly its worth the price and the noise and the poor grip etc .... This one event could have put my whole family in danger if not for the run flats.    

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2018 at 10:40 PM, Flyfisherman said:

I was recently 'saved' by the stock run flat tires on my C180. I was driving back from KL when I hitted a nail in the tire. It was raining very heavily non stop. Very scary, can't even see the road 100m ahead. When I finally reached the causeway, encountered this huge neck to neck traffic jam for 4 hours. Reached home midnight. No way out nor tire shops at all. The run flats brought my family home safely. Only managed to change the tire the next day......phew, suddenly its worth the price and the noise and the poor grip etc .... This one event could have put my whole family in danger if not for the run flats.    

Good to find someone that share the same sentiments with RFT. I had a few experiences and the RFT really saved that day, For me I am sticking to RFT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 7:33 PM, algergohce said:

Recently changed mine to normal Michelin PS4 at about 23k KM. Much quieter and better grip. The tyre shop had quite a bit of difficulty removing the stock run flats from the rims because the side walls were so hard. For added peace of mind, carry tyre patching kits (canister type) or do puncture prevention coating. 

any experience with the puncture prevention coating? am thinking of changing to normal tyres too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joecamel said:

any experience with the puncture prevention coating? am thinking of changing to normal tyres too.

If u dun really travel to NSHW. Local Sg use normal tyres should be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 8:53 PM, darksaint said:

If u dun really travel to NSHW. Local Sg use normal tyres should be fine

Total agree......and also if u travel overseas often and your spouse drive the car, RFT is the way to go. Give u peace of mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stock MOE RFT from C&C staggered setup for 2.5yrs now with 40K, still have some life on both front tires. Had to change the rear set few months back due to a nail into the edge of sidewall.. So far, the stock RF's have been pretty acceptable to me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now