• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Yay! Collected my GLC Coupe after 8 month wait!

BAT

44 minutes ago, BAT said:

Taobao quality varies and is dependent on supplier.

For the AMG emblem I have one from Taobao but the quality is quite different from the original one. This is not easy to self install at all. It requires removal of the diamond grille.

For AMG door pins, the difference in quality is also quite obvious.

However, to each it's own, most important is happy with your purchase.

Yes Taobao quality is hit or miss. Thrown out a couple of stuff  that don't meet the standard (luckily they are not expensive. But there are good deals yo be found if you are not a stickler for everything original. 

Been thinking of the AMG grill emblem and door pins, but finally decide to give these a miss. You are right, to each his own especially when it comes to car aesthetics. 

2 hours ago, Benson said:

Which 1 u refer to order from TB? Red seat belt or exos or ??

i wana ask my SE see can still add the 360 but think think I wana have the command so I think I go get from elebest better... the screen is bigger I suppose... then I calculated Liao... added up command + 360 still cheaper than CnC combi but of cos risk the "wiring short circuit" then really up lorry Liao... 

I meant those steering wheel amg stick-on piece and door pins. 

Reason why I did not add the comand in the first place is because ultimately the navigation will have very crappy localised content and non-touchscreen app navigation (which is not intuitive using the rotary dial/touchpad).  And after driving the GLC for a few months, I came to realise that i spend like 5% of my time fiddling with the Audio 20, rest of the time just drive. To me the entertainment system remain at the bottom of my priority.

You bought from C&C, major reason is the warranty support for the 1st 3years.if you are gping to heck it and start meddling with the HU/comand/360 (all very obvious when you send your car for servicing), might as well get from PI and mod till your heart's content. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Your dash stitching is red or white? Looks white in some and red in other pictures. 

Can direct me where you get the HUD? Considering to get one since my driving position, the steering wheel block the top part of the speedo (where the all important 90-100kph markings are..) now I am relying on the digital speed readout in the instrument cluster lcd screen. 

Your HUD connects to the OBD direct? Need another power source from ciggy lighter? 

Thanks! 

Red dash stitching was my previous ride. 

Check out www.navdy.com. This HUD connects to the OBD directly for both power and data readings. No other power source is required.

2 hours ago, Benson said:

I waiting for the 63 bodykit then go retrofit ... duno come already or not ... have to do slowly ... haha... Sibei Siong to keep modding ... 

Do u have any ideas where to get rims with good pricing??

The 63 bodykit is already available in the market.

22 minutes ago, VRAtenza said:

I meant those steering wheel amg stick-on piece and door pins. 

Reason why I did not add the comand in the first place is because ultimately the navigation will have very crappy localised content and non-touchscreen app navigation (which is not intuitive using the rotary dial/touchpad).  And after driving the GLC for a few months, I came to realise that i spend like 5% of my time fiddling with the Audio 20, rest of the time just drive. To me the entertainment system remain at the bottom of my priority.

You bought from C&C, major reason is the warranty support for the 1st 3years.if you are gping to heck it and start meddling with the HU/comand/360 (all very obvious when you send your car for servicing), might as well get from PI and mod till your heart's content. 

Command, DVD for my kids ... 😬😬 so entertainment become my priority... my w204 audio damn Sianz... haha... I din expect the 360 is so expensive to do it aftermarket .. Will have a discussion with Elebest first in regards to the potential warranty issue. When my w204 like 1 yrs+ old I go change my headlamp Liao... hehe ... same issue about warranty and no to mess with those wiring... CnC don't really care unless yr car really got issue then they push blame to you doing this & that .. so far so good for my w204 ... I just pray my car don't lemon for the brake thingy!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

PI car also got waranty mah ... outsource warranty 😂😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BAT said:

Red dash stitching was my previous ride. 

Check out www.navdy.com. This HUD connects to the OBD directly for both power and data readings. No other power source is required.

Did you buy from navdy.com directly (think will imcur gst) or from amazon.com shipped through a freight forwarder? 

The OBD easy to access without dismantling the lower dash? 

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Benson said:

Command, DVD for my kids ... 😬😬 so entertainment become my priority... my w204 audio damn Sianz... haha... I din expect the 360 is so expensive to do it aftermarket .. Will have a discussion with Elebest first in regards to the potential warranty issue. When my w204 like 1 yrs+ old I go change my headlamp Liao... hehe ... same issue about warranty and no to mess with those wiring... CnC don't really care unless yr car really got issue then they push blame to you doing this & that .. so far so good for my w204 ... I just pray my car don't lemon for the brake thingy!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Haha, for kids, no wonder.

But frankly, just a used last gen ipad (after Daddy upgraded to the latest one)  on ciggy charger should entertion them enough.

If really want something fixed down to entertain them, minimun is to have display panels retrofitted into the back of each front seat's head rest ala Alphard/vellfire.

Also need to consider if your comand allow you to play DVD on the move as it is a safety and liability issue for MB. 

27 minutes ago, VRAtenza said:

Did you buy from navdy.com directly (think will imcur gst) or from amazon.com shipped through a freight forwarder? 

The OBD easy to access without dismantling the lower dash? 

Thanks! 

I bought directly from Navdy. Yes incurred GST.

I didn't dismantle anything. The cable went around the side. They provide clips for you to arrange the cabling neatly, although it is exposed on the upper dash.

17 minutes ago, VRAtenza said:

Haha, for kids, no wonder.

But frankly, just a used last gen ipad (after Daddy upgraded to the latest one)  on ciggy charger should entertion them enough.

If really want something fixed down to entertain them, minimun is to have display panels retrofitted into the back of each front seat's head rest ala Alphard/vellfire.

Also need to consider if your comand allow you to play DVD on the move as it is a safety and liability issue for MB. 

Ya I will check with Elebest. I just ask SE still can add 360 she say canot Liao ... production close. Damn sad Loh!!! Ya lucky bro ... after 2 weeks still can add your AMG... I suay la... Maybe have to live w/o the 360 Liao Loh ... 😭😭😭😭

Just now, Benson said:

Ya I will check with Elebest. I just ask SE still can add 360 she say canot Liao ... production close. Damn sad Loh!!! Ya lucky bro ... after 2 weeks still can add your AMG... I suay la... Maybe have to live w/o the 360 Liao Loh ... 😭😭😭😭

When is your production date and estimated collection date?

You did not scold your SE why tell you don't have in the first place?

10 minutes ago, BAT said:

I bought directly from Navdy. Yes incurred GST.

I didn't dismantle anything. The cable went around the side. They provide clips for you to arrange the cabling neatly, although it is exposed on the upper dash.

Nice! Will order it after doing a little more research on it! Thanks for the advice! 

5 minutes ago, BAT said:

When is your production date and estimated collection date?

You did not scold your SE why tell you don't have in the first place?

I piss Loh ... but can't do anything... cos I clearly text her asking can add 360 she say can't ... Mine Sept production then Deliver Dec. She say can't do anything now!! If wana change have to wait for next year Delivery. 1 word suay to sum it all la... Super Sianz...

7 minutes ago, Benson said:

360 got 2 versions.

MB factory original and aftermarket add on. 

The MB original no need to say too much. 

The aftermarker one do take note that you will sacrifice your rear flip out reverse camera so that they can install an aftermarket permenantly protruded camera. The from grille they will need to drill a hole to mount the front camera too. Ask Elebest in detail about these... Don't want you to get a nasty surprise when you see how they are installed. 

For me the removal of the flipped out camera is already a big negative.... So decided to give up that 360 idea totally. 

10 minutes ago, VRAtenza said:

360 got 2 versions.

MB factory original and aftermarket add on. 

The MB original no need to say too much. 

The aftermarker one do take note that you will sacrifice your rear flip out reverse camera so that they can install an aftermarket permenantly protruded camera. The from grille they will need to drill a hole to mount the front camera too. Ask Elebest in detail about these... Don't want you to get a nasty surprise when you see how they are installed. 

For me the removal of the flipped out camera is already a big negative.... So decided to give up that 360 idea totally. 

Ya will ask in details... Thanks for highlighting. As far as I know they have to change the whole grill to fit the cam then 2 side mirror change as well but use back my casing. That's explain the 4.5 time more expensive than MB fitted... Anyway already quite Sianz Liao thinking of that ... Mostly likely like u bro .. don't go for 360 1st Loh ... Just have to live w/o it sua ... 😔

21 minutes ago, Benson said:

I piss Loh ... but can't do anything... cos I clearly text her asking can add 360 she say can't ... Mine Sept production then Deliver Dec. She say can't do anything now!! If wana change have to wait for next year Delivery. 1 word suay to sum it all la... Super Sianz...

Production in September, usually 1 month before have to confirm order. You try 'persuading' your SE to create some 'miracle'. If next year delivery is which month? Maybe can consider rather than do after market. 

Not trying to rub it in, but I must say I am impressed with the 360 camera.

On 06/08/2017 at 4:34 PM, Benson said:

I find the audio 20 really puny in size that's why no matter what I have to get the comand n hunted high n low for my ride till I get what I wanted from VINCAR. 

19 minutes ago, mysticryan said:

Congrats bat! Nice ride! Seems like we share some common features in our ride. Hankook tires as well! U didn't opt for sunroof?

No, I didn't as the sunroof looks quite small compared to the ones in the GLC SUV and my previous ride CLA shooting brake. Does yours have sunroof?

Ya his ride too power pack Liao... I went ahead to indent for the aftermarket 360... I think is really good to have it (personal opinion). Every part used are original to fix up the 360. Rear cam change but still remain with the retractable function. Due to many parts to indent & are original parts therefore it cost 4.5 times more than factory fitted.... A costly mistake that I made for missing out ... TMD my SE ... really knn 🤦🏼‍♂️ . Was given assurance if CnC find fault the installer will restore the car back as default like how it was in the beginning Loh ... Say is like that ... hopefully don't suay Loh ....