• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 Common Problems

Hi folks my old C300 w204 will hit 10 years next year and I was planning on extending the COE as I like the 3L V6 (they don't sell this any more in Singapore I think).  However the wife wants to buy new W205 and although I agree the new C Class does look rather nice I have some personal reservations and concerns;

1) The C180 and C200 that is within our tight budget is made in South Africa.  My current ride was made in German by Daimler AG;

2) They have down sized the cc and but increased the bhp generally I think?

3) Much more of the new cars are automated with more PCBs and chips.  So well...more things can go wrong?

As the w205 has been around for afew years now, can the current owners provide some guidance please? What are the common issues as the car ages?

To be honest my 9year old C300 has also failed.  ECU died 3 years back.  Steerwheel lock problem etc so I wonder what known issues the w205 suffers as the mileage climbs.

And yeah, I also took a look at the 4 series GranCoupe and it looks so nice and offers greater delivery and drive in a similarly packaged 2L 4cylinder engine (pushing 240bhp).  So any comments on this is also welcomed although I expect some amount of flaming as this is a Merc forum. 

Do I  1) Renew and Keep my C300 or

2) Buy new W205 or

3) Buy 4series GranCoupe

Tks again for your guidance and comments bros.  :)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days