• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to compare

rshk

Dear all

I just joined an am about to pull the trigger on  theGLC 250.

But I'm having a hard time comparing prices given the varying specs between PI.

Almost all have AMG kit, roof....the rest like CAP, park assist, Intel light system, touch pad vary from car to car. 

What's even more troubling is some factory fitted specs that are not in PI cars are standard in the AD(cycle) car.

So at the end of the day when all things considered is the price difference really that great?

I know after 3 yrs, whether AD or PI car, repair options are all similar.

I just want the best value for my $ and the best retention of my resale value.

Any advice, consideration or opinions from the gurus and seasoned owners here are welcomed. Tks!

A confused shopper.

If you insist to buy GLC250 then you should consider PI cos CnC wait time is far too Long. AD features of the car is consider very good, almost all the features are there include the ILS that PI don't like to add.

Main diff for PI is that they added Pana roof & AMG kit with short wait time. Price cheaper of cos. (About 20k diff)

AD main diff have ILS and some other minor features (depend on how Impt u view it) that PI may not have. 1 thing I like about AD is they gave quite substantial service credit. Basically for the nxt 3 years or more no need to pay for the servicing unless u go change even tyres and brake disc/pad with them then may use up faster.

Think is difficult to have the best of both world, you buy cheap and expect higher resell value than AD. But well if u sell it in 4 - 5 years time when the warranty is up, who knows, PI car might sell easier cos lower pricing 😬😬

Sorry, I never believed in PI due to bad experience. Even BIG, LONG history, reliable, they might run away or don't deliver according to your order. 

Unless their have ex stock with your requirement and promise to delivery the exact unit. 

Guys

Tks so much for your views and feedback.

I guess different strokes for diff folks. It's akways a trade off n risk vs px u pay.

I guess it all boils down to how long the intended ownership will.  In the short term, AD clearly provides more comprehensive coverage. In the longer term when warranty expires either with AD or PI it makes no diff. We are on our own.

Still unsure if AD car has more resale. But clearly their cars have more of the factory fitted specs.

My problem is even PIs have differing specs. 

Do u guys think the GLC 200 which AD will be releasing is underpowered?

GLC 200 is already release Liao mah by CnC... is a rear wheel drive vs 250 4WD, hence the weight is already reduced therefore the power cut by them is compensated Liao by the weight loss. (184 BHP vs 204) (300 torque vs 350 torque) (0-100, 8.3s vs 7.3s) ... comparing to 250

4WD car is heavier, juz like the Diesel model (even heavier) so they increase the 250D cc to 2143 vs 1991 & torque to 500 vs 350 for the GLC250 model. But the 0-100 is more than 10 Sec even thou with higher cc & torque. So don't worry too much about the reduced power IMO. 

So u have to consider do you really need the 4WD (higher powered to push the heavier car), if u insist on AD can you wait that Long? (7mths min is hell a lot). Price different is only $5k actually (GLC 200 vs 250) instead of the advert price of $10k diff. (GLC200 got $5k cevs rebate and they embedded in) By the time come for AD GLC250, buyers will be slap by this extra $10k, CnC will not absorb this surcharge.

I would suggest GLC250 if u insist go to PI route with immediate stock. If u indent u risk the car might not arrive for some not so stable PI dealers, grab those immediate stock that they have ba. See which features u need to have the most in the car then u opt for that PI dealer.... can't have the best of everything de, unless u configure the ideal car u want but I doubt not many PI wana do for u. If not consider GLC200 Loh ... 😊

Tks Benson.

Glc200 AD stk only avail in Nov. Same mth current car COE expires.

So it's either the AD GLC200 or the PI GLC250 existing stock( No indent!). Price between the 2 about the 5k diff like u said with the latter cheaper. 

4 wheel drive not really impt to me. But the PI cars are mostly AMG kitted for the 250, although missing some factory fitted options like CAP plus and parktronic.

Decisions...Decisions...

Was told the price diff of C&C GLC200 vs 250 is 10K...but 200 can take delivery very soon, while 250 will be year end.

Just be aware that GLC has this brake screeching issue during reversing...though it may not happen to every car....

Yes AD px diff. AD GLC200 stock arriving in Nov, 250 next yr.

PI 250 px cheaper than AD 200.

If PI,  I will buy existing stock in showroom.

Is the CAP plus safety feature a deal breaker since the AD cars comes factory fitted, but PI cars aren't?

38 minutes ago, rshk said:

Yes AD px diff. AD GLC200 stock arriving in Nov, 250 next yr.

PI 250 px cheaper than AD 200.

If PI,  I will buy existing stock in showroom.

Is the CAP plus safety feature a deal breaker since the AD cars comes factory fitted, but PI cars aren't?

Since having 4WD 250 not that Impt for u then go for GLC200 ba... If u insist GLC250 then PI ... straight forward ... seriously by the time yr GLC250 from AD arrived with the xtra $10k surcharge and maybe not too Long future the face lift coming u will be very sian Liao.

CnC have this service credit that worth $5k so end of the day the saving in cost not too much btwn AD & PI. Why there are quite a lot of PI GLC250 is becos AD wait time too Long, they are giving up on their 250 business Liao plus the impeding $10k LTA surcharge coming also thus they focusing on their GLC200. They also don't dare to advert to the public cos they scare the stock back log till soooooo Long like the 250.

Worst if PI car suay suay have this screeching brake issue then really up lorry Liao... at least C&C can account for it, thou they still trying to solve it. 😭😭

What makes this a difficult choice is the PI GLC250 is cheaper than the AD GLC200 and the former comes AMG fitted from factory!

The screeching brake issue only expereinced in PI cars or both PI and AD?

GLC200 retail at $213,888 ... I don't think is a lot diff vs PI 250 as mention AD still come with $5k service credit. Frankly speaking AMG kit u can fit after mkt 1 tog with the big brake kit (any brand u like & look nicer also). The flat bottom steering wheel is not the original AMG ones. The sport metal pedal even cheaper to fix it... 😬😬 ...

Is just a AMG kit, not the real AMG whereby the steering wheel embossed with AMG, and the speedo not the AMG also. Well is definitely nice to have it & come fitted Swee Swee from factory vs after mkt thou... but can do without as well IMO ... ✌🏻 I find that majority of PI GLC don't have the ILS... a big turn off to me so is really about what features mean more to u ba...

Not sure if it hit either PI or AD for the brake issue, well I heard SE say maybe is PI ones having this issue more but I know he/she bull la... a few AD buyers complain here Liao and yet those SE still act blur... 🤦🏼‍♂️

AD... cos of the service credit, insurance credit, solar film (huper optik) plus the car grooming packages & car cam think all added up not much diff from PI Liao in term of pricing. Of cos PI have pana & AMG kit but less off AD ILS & some minor features so plus minus no much diff. For me to buy PI have to be min $30k price diff then worth it as I strongly believe in the 1st 3 year warranty from AD vs PI outsource warranty (some claim better than AD).

So $30k min saving yes i will gv up the warranty and opt for PI ones. Therefore to buy this brand & able to afford it seriously 15k - 20k diff is not a lot to sway to PI just that PI GLC250 booming is due to AD inefficiency to deliver their car in short waiting time. I'm impress by AD standard car features, it pack a lot of punch! Cos usually PI wins hand down with all those plentiful features whereby AD cars are just plain jane....

All these are my personal opinion Hor cos got many Bros & sis here I assume are PI GLC & 15k - 20k is hell a lot of $$ also...  peace 😊😊

• Like 1

Excellent analysis.

Just what I wanted or needed to hear or know...the tipping point, over pr below which swings the decision either way. In your case, a $30k differential at least.:money:

Again diff strokes for diff folks, but always great to hear out a view point.

Tks once again!

Yes, I indented it with pana cos I can't do w/o it ... 😂😂. Delivery in Dec. I missed the boat in April to book the 250 cos was like in your situation before. If April I book, Dec I can get the car liao. Fast forward come July & the delivery will be in Feb so I gave up on GLC then SE came calling say coming in 200 instead so after doing much homework & comparison I just grab & go Liao. Don't wana wait anymore... Still wait face lift come out Liao... 😬😬

8 hours ago, mysticryan said:

I must be the lucky chap who got a GLC with ILS from PI. Anyway, ILS no big deal lah. Just go with what is affordable. GLC200 or 250. Debadge Liao also can't tell. 

Ya I saw before with ILS & Panaroof ... but no AMG kit ... mind asking if yr car comes with parktronic or other features that AD don't have? Quite hard to find PI car with factory fitted ILS ... 👍🏻

I bought my GLC 250 coupe from CnC.

Luckily, I didn't have to wait long for the car, as I was one of the launching customer( about 2.5 months). To me, it was a no brainer to get from AD as the price difference between PI and AD was less than 10K difference. 

There is difference in the trade in value between PI and AD... the dealers are not that stupid. I traded my BMW F10 (520) with CnC, the first question the dealer asked is PI or AD. According to him, he will offer 10k less if it is a PI car.

It's a pity the waiting time for GLC in CnC is really long, as such there are so much spill over business to the ADs. 

Work out your sums, decide how much patience you have. Honestly speaking, if I were to wait for more than 3 months for a car from CnC, forget it... I might just go for PI.

I find most of the PIs are ok, it's the after sales workshop and warranty that you should evaluate it very carefully.  You better pray very very hard that your car is problem free or else it's gonna be just plain headache getting it sorted out from the PI's workshop. 

Happy car buying!

Cheers!

IMG_1873.jpg

On 30/07/2017 at 0:05 AM, Benson said:

GLC200 retail at $213,888 ... I don't think is a lot diff vs PI 250 as mention AD still come with $5k service credit. Frankly speaking AMG kit u can fit after mkt 1 tog with the big brake kit (any brand u like & look nicer also). The flat bottom steering wheel is not the original AMG ones. The sport metal pedal even cheaper to fix it... 😬😬 ...

Is just a AMG kit, not the real AMG whereby the steering wheel embossed with AMG, and the speedo not the AMG also. Well is definitely nice to have it & come fitted Swee Swee from factory vs after mkt thou... but can do without as well IMO ... ✌🏻 I find that majority of PI GLC don't have the ILS... a big turn off to me so is really about what features mean more to u ba...

Not sure if it hit either PI or AD for the brake issue, well I heard SE say maybe is PI ones having this issue more but I know he/she bull la... a few AD buyers complain here Liao and yet those SE still act blur... 🤦🏼‍♂️

GLC 43AMG steering wheel is also same as the AMG line ones. I think they reserved the "True Blue" AMG steering for their up coming GLC 63AMG. 

Anyhow, even the AMG-line flat bottom steering wheel is not cheap to retrofit as you will need to change the whole thing including the airbag centre section. Hearsay about SGD2k. 

To upgrade the flatbottom steering to mimic that of the true AMG steering is much cheaper. I got genuine perforated leather+alcantara blue stitched wrap from taobao, the AMG embossed lower trim from taobao too. DIY upgraded the steering. Now it has a fuller grip feel compared to the original AMG-line steering wheel. 

20170620_085340-picsay.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benson said:

Power la... steering wheel u also change.... 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Nice 👍🏻

Saw from background yr interior trim looks like carbon fibre ones... u DIY also?

My original center console trim is piano black which is well known to gather swirls marks, finger prints and dust.

I added a stainless steel form molded plate with carbon fibre effect to it and problem solved. :)