• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W213: Problems

swissfondue

35 minutes ago, swissfondue said:

Glad they got your problem solved. C&C's QC is really lacking.

Why W213 has so many problems? It is supposed to be a great technologically advanced car but it seems that it is not so 😖

12 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Should go to pandan loop service centre if possible. They hv the best service amongst the service centre. I live in the east but will always send my car to pandan loop.

I always have the impression that Alexander is the best as it is the HQ. I use  Alexander as I live in the city area. 

40 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Should go to pandan loop service centre if possible. They hv the best service amongst the service centre. I live in the east but will always send my car to pandan loop.

i have tried ubi and pandan loop..

must say that i agree that pandan loop one is more professional and bigger too

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/07/2017 at 0:08 PM, swissfondue said:

Ongoing saga of the widescreen ambient light ... I just discovered that in the course of cleaning out the glue and plastic, they scratched the side of the widescreen panel (the silver bezel). Have to bring it in again next week and show them. Sigh. I really hate for this thread to become a personal grumbling blog, but seems my problems are never ending :(

Have you resolved your "scratching issue" with C&C? :(

17 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

Have you resolved your "scratching issue" with C&C? :(

Coincidentally, I sent the car in just two days ago for them to fix the problem and the steering column problem. I just took back the car two hours ago. They replaced the steering column adjustment motor. But for the panel, what they discovered is that it is more than a scratch. There's also what looks like some melted plastic, which they couldn't remove. So they are going to order another panel for me. So that will take another 3 weeks.

34 minutes ago, swissfondue said:

Coincidentally, I sent the car in just two days ago for them to fix the problem and the steering column problem. I just took back the car two hours ago. They replaced the steering column adjustment motor. But for the panel, what they discovered is that it is more than a scratch. There's also what looks like some melted plastic, which they couldn't remove. So they are going to order another panel for me. So that will take another 3 weeks.

It is such a beautiful panel. Quite a waste to throw it away with a little damage :( How bad is the scratch actually? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swissfondue said:

Hahaha. I think their claim process is that they have to return :)

There is no use returning it. Mercedes HQ can simply produce another one. I think C & C will just keep that. When you see them, tell them someone would like to have it. 

1 minute ago, Merc Fan said:

There is no use returning it. Mercedes HQ can simply produce another one. I think C & C will just keep that. When you see them, tell them someone would like to have it. 

OK. I try :)

Just now, Merc Fan said:

Thank you! I will pay them a token for the damaged good. By the way, did you take a pic of the scratch?

It will not show up I think. It has to be dark and with the ambient light before it becomes obvious.

Just now, swissfondue said:

It will not show up I think. It has to be dark and with the ambient light before it becomes obvious.

So I guess it is not obvious but somehow if you know it is there, you will tend to see it. If it is still working, I hope C&C can give it to me as a sign of goodwill! 

Just now, Merc Fan said:

So I guess it is not obvious but somehow if you know it is there, you will tend to see it. If it is still working, I hope C&C can give it to me as a sign of goodwill! 

Exactly, once you see it, you see it all the time and it becomes irritating. And I have OCD hahaha

Just now, swissfondue said:

Exactly, once you see it, you see it all the time and it becomes irritating. And I have OCD hahaha

I do have OCD myself too! :( But since it is going to be replaced, I guess it is ok to have it as it is still working well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 8:10 AM, swissfondue said:

I have decided to start this topic to share experience with problems I've encountered so far and hopefully will help W213 owners here.

1) A week after taking delivery, I noticed that the ambient lighting surrounding my widescreen panel is faulty (segment of it wasn't lighting up). I reported it the second week after delivery and C&C replaced the widescreen only earlier this week, after almost 4 months! Why it took C&C so long is a story for another day.  Then I noticed that they did not unpack the widescreen properly and left lots of glue and plastic wrapping on the widescreen that is difficult to remove. Took it in again yesterday for them to clean up.

2) Side foot well panel wasn't afixed properly, came apart. Took it in and C&C blamed it on the dash camera man's workmanship.

3) This morning, I just noticed that the steering column adjustment did not function.

You are DA MAN! Just got myself an E200 AVG. Been trawling the internet to learn more about it. My wife told me that she has never seen me so hardworking compared to the research I did on my kids' school... 

Came across your other threads in this forum. Very informative. Going to use the checklist you shared when I collect my car next month!

PS: I hope your car come good for you! All the best!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Merc888 said:

You are DA MAN! Just got myself an E200 AVG. Been trawling the internet to learn more about it. My wife told me that she has never seen me so hardworking compared to the research I did on my kids' school... 

Came across your other threads in this forum. Very informative. Going to use the checklist you shared when I collect my car next month!

PS: I hope your car come good for you! All the best!

I'm glad you find the info sharing useful and congrats on your booking of E200 AVG. I also spent a long time researching the car. I have been waiting for the W213 since the Detroit World Premiere in Jan 2016. Went for the SG launch in mid 2016 but was underwhelmed by the specs of E200. Waited to see the E250 and BMW G30. Was even more underwhelmed by G30 when I saw it prelaunch in Feb this year. So booked the E250.

So far the car has been running well. Only some bells and whistles with problems. I must say after getting to the right people, the service is not bad.

When are you taking delivery of your car?

1 hour ago, swissfondue said:

Remember to post pics :)

What color and interior combi did you choose?

yeah.. I will post in the picture thread later. For colour/combi.. i will post in your mod thread. Let's not lengthen this thread! we should all hope this thread slowly dies off!