• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How do u feel abt your W205 ?

Utopian

hi guys

how do u find the performance of your W205 C180 ?

based on my butt feel, for some reason it pulls like a dream in the morning, to a certain extend sometimes can wheel spin when I floor but yet in the evening, after some jam the power seems to drop drastically. I know cars definitely will perform differently under different weather conditions but the difference for my W205 is jus too drastic

theres are times I even find it hard to overtake the car infront of me on expressway , theres jus no pull.

at times, when I accelerate the power seems very flat like theres no boost at all..

I jus did first servicing, threw in a piggy (power still inconsistent) and on 98 gas...

any idea? is it supposed to be like this esp when hot ? I nvr encounter such drastic differences on my previous 3 cars..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I only drive it on Sports mode since day 1 and on a C200.  I even tried Sports+ and there is little difference.  The ECU needs a remap.  

Piggyback methods don't seem to be convincingly reliable.  Once I have passed my warranty period, I will get the ECU remapped.

1 hour ago, gonegolf said:

I only drive it on Sports mode since day 1 and on a C200.  I even tried Sports+ and there is little difference.  The ECU needs a remap.  

Piggyback methods don't seem to be convincingly reliable.  Once I have passed my warranty period, I will get the ECU remapped.

You should give monster tune a try. They can remove the remapping for u when u send the car for servicing and reinstall it thereafter. I m with them for the past 5 years. Cant live without the tuning and u get better fuel efficiency too.

Thanks for the tip.  

Waiting for my 3 years warranty to expire!  I don't want to deal with the workshop giving any excuses to void my warranty.

Coming from a naturally aspirated car with 220bhp, this is like running with your feet stuck in mud.  To be fair, the car is also 1/3 heavier.  I keep getting messages from the car system to shift to 4th gear when I am on 2nd gear.  Oh, yes, it is a manual.

• Like 1

Haha, yes....drinks like crazy.  But it is really a heavier car.  Driving it on comfort mode is really painful.

I also noticed that the battery doesn't charge as well on Sports.  On Sports+, I get low battery after about 3 weeks of driving.

Hopefully an ECU remap will hope.  For the moment, just got to suffer through the warranty period.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, blueodyssey said:

The cabin noise is really bad especially travelling in the tunnel.

The juddering wipers can be a pain.

Otherwise, it's quite a good car. The 9G is great.

KPE? Dun really feel it and my Wife/gal sleeps soundly when going to town using KPE. 

Try the tire gel solution. Solves the wiper issue. 

19 hours ago, blueodyssey said:

The cabin noise is really bad especially travelling in the tunnel.

The juddering wipers can be a pain

There is a thread about  juddering wipers.  I have been living with juddering wipers for a year in my A200FL and have been quite annoyed by it.  I eventually tried Armorall Extreme Tyre shine Gel.. AND NO MORE juddering even after 3 periods of b heavy constant rain😁 BUT be warned, the wipers will leave oily marks on your windscreen which I removed with dishwashing liquid abd paper towels.. 

17 hours ago, Cloverleaf said:

There is a thread about  juddering wipers.  I have been living with juddering wipers for a year in my A200FL and have been quite annoyed by it.  I eventually tried Armorall Extreme Tyre shine Gel.. AND NO MORE juddering even after 3 periods of b heavy constant rain😁 BUT be warned, the wipers will leave oily marks on your windscreen which I removed with dishwashing liquid abd paper towels.. 

I used another brand (Waxco) tyre shines. Works well too and doesn't leave any oil marks. But again, need to apply regularly (about 1 month).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blueodyssey said:

Thanks for sharing. Been reading abt it to on the other thread.

Do u all mean just apply the tyre shine on the clean windscreen then wipe it off with a cloth?

I squeeze some on a piece of tissue paper and use that to coat the wiper blades. That's it.

You can use car polish or wax to polish the windscreen to make the windscreen smoother and reduce chances of juddering further. 

On 04/10/2017 at 11:09 AM, blueodyssey said:

Thanks for sharing. Been reading abt it to on the other thread.

Do u all mean just apply the tyre shine on the clean windscreen then wipe it off with a cloth?

No, don't coat the windscreen. Coat the wiper blades.  The oil will spread from the blades onto the windscreen.  Clean the oil off the windscreen 😁