• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Maintenance - Engine Oil Choice

gonegolf

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, car response using Mobil 1 is really sluggish.

Interestingly Edge Professional 5w40 is now Mercedes 229.5 approved and not in April 2017 when I last asked Castrol.  In April, only 0w40 was approved.  

Anyone tried the European Castrol Edge (black bottle)? Or Amsoil or pennzoil?

• 4 months later...

At 7k, I have changed to Castrol Edge.  The drive feeling is so different - the car feels alive and raw.  Car revs faster and meaner!  On Mobile1, it feels like the car was dozing till rev up at 3k RPM.

Should have changed long ago.  Obviously too early to tell if there is more wear.  I have used Castrol for the past 2 decades and no problems.  Oh, it is cheaper too.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The engine is amazingly smooth with the amsoil. Car feels totally different after engine oil and throttle reset (have to be done regularly).

Problem is not many places that sells this engine oil at reasonable prices. $25 per quart is ridiculously expensive.

Anyone knows where to buy it at r reasonable prices? Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 4:11 PM, gonegolf said:

The engine is amazingly smooth with the amsoil. Car feels totally different after engine oil and throttle reset (have to be done regularly).

Problem is not many places that sells this engine oil at reasonable prices. $25 per quart is ridiculously expensive.

Anyone knows where to buy it at r reasonable prices? Thanks

i was using Petronas Syntium 3000 5w/40 as recommended by Mercedes C&C KL, i can get the cost price if you want too

• 2 weeks later...