• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Getting a E220d from PI

tonyffh

Hi guys,

I will be getting a Cavansite Blue E220d AMG line from vincar, the price is $225k (it was $224k but COE went north). The interior is full black with AMG style steering wheel, 360 cam, 2-piece sun roof, soft close, 19inch AMG rim and 2x12inch screen, kick boot and etc. They will throw in 3M crystalline solar film and a carcam for free. 3 year warranty and labour-charge-free maintenances for 3 years. 

Buying from Vincar is mainly due to their presentation and image: relatively well decorated show room, long history (?) and friendly salesperson (compared to other PI), more importantly, they will have their own workshop by the end of this year when they move to their own building next to Kia on alexandar road. 

So what do you think about the price and Vinar? And this diesel engine? The milage on a full tank, according to numberous car reviews is well over 1000km, around 5l/100km. Also the pickup is better compared to petrol engines (400 nm vs 300-350nm), and most of the time, we drivers in singapore won't be using max horsepower you see in the specs. However I do worry about the road tax in future even though this is a Euro 6 car. 

And the paint, I don't like that Cavansite blue at all, what do you think about the 3M car wraps? I have done some research, the glossy red and white looks fine, can anyone share some experience on the durability and really, how do they look like close up? I won't even consider the matt ones, feels cheap and gangster-ish.

I know this is a Merc forum, but to be honest, I am still not decided if I should get a 530i with M-kit or a E220d, both are similarly priced so that is not a issue. 530i with M-kit comes with 360 camera, 19inch rim, soft close doors, one-piece sunroof, a few safety features that you won't even find on a 540i from PML and sport seats. Vincar agreed to let me test drive both car and then pick the one that I like, as both will be available around 3rd week of this July. With M-kit the 530i looks sharper from outside, the 2 liter engine is more powerful, and white is the color I like, however E-class interior beats all other cars heads down, those 2 screen are massive and impressive, but the system is not as good as iDrive in 5 series, audi MMI is even better and more responsive. Apart from that, (I am not entirely sure if this is very important in Singapore) the chasis of 530i feels better than E-class. 

Which would you recommend to a 30-year-old? 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buy merc for better reliability...

Check if the 220d comes with widescreen 2x12inch cockpiy screen unlike the e200 ones from cnc..

530i will be better to drive.

E220d saves u the fuel cost by a mile. If u drive 30 to 40000km a yr. E220d will be excellent. However do note our govt may make diesel tax untenuable in future. Just my conjuncture.

Still e class interior is better than 5 series one.. imho.

5 series interior looks rather like my ex 2gt. Hehe.

4 hours ago, Spurman said:

Buy merc for better reliability...

Check if the 220d comes with widescreen 2x12inch cockpiy screen unlike the e200 ones from cnc..

530i will be better to drive.

E220d saves u the fuel cost by a mile. If u drive 30 to 40000km a yr. E220d will be excellent. However do note our govt may make diesel tax untenuable in future. Just my conjuncture.

Still e class interior is better than 5 series one.. imho.

5 series interior looks rather like my ex 2gt. Hehe.

Hi Spurman,

Yes the E220d comes with same wide screens, the same from CNC E250 and above. 

530i indeed is a drivers' car, however if only driving in Singapore, is there a real difference that can be appreciated other than motor journalists? 

With the new CEVS next year, diesels cars will take a blow, effectively stopping most buyers from taking any interest in diesel cars, so is it necessary for govt to adjust the road tax system to further discourage diesel cars? I am not entirely sure yet. 

Yes... the interior, don't think there is any discussion on this. 

st_20170309_vnchart_2993114.jpg

Hi. I bought e200 frm pi route too.

Love the big screen. Better prices. N better trade in.

Plus i got brown interior which i liked. And the exterior n interior combo i wanted... 

All e220d i see dun have my combo. And most do not have widescreen cockpit

• 3 years later...