• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC SUV Rear Flared Fenders Installation Instructions.

VRAtenza

1 hour ago, Dcky75 said:

Swee. Now you are getting me excited. Maybe if possible, I would like to take a look at yours before I order?

Have not washed my car for the last 1month...... So can't take a current close up picture. 

This is a higher resolution picture of the grille and the mirror finish logo just before I install. 

x20170430_160328-picsay.thumb.jpg.de70c8ed02cec5fa72e2bb9eb8ba7f77.jpg

Of course you are welcome to have a look at the actual stuff before ordering.... I just need to get my lazy ass off to wash the car soon.. 😜 

22 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Have not washed my car for the last 1month...... So can't take a current close up picture. 

This is a higher resolution picture of the grille and the mirror finish logo just before I install. 

x20170430_160328-picsay.thumb.jpg.de70c8ed02cec5fa72e2bb9eb8ba7f77.jpg

Of course you are welcome to have a look at the actual stuff before ordering.... I just need to get my lazy ass off to wash the car soon.. 😜 

Now picture tells a thousand words. Looks good. How much did you pay and from which Taobao seller?

14 hours ago, Michaeltoh said:

Yah... I got mine diamond grille from TB also.... can't get myself to pay 1380 for the orig... anyway it's external.... if spoilt .. then buy again.... I also did the fenders... got worshop to install... tried self install but can't pull it out.IMG-20170803-WA0007.thumb.jpeg.09f81fbbac213ed15cac288dc699fcaf.jpeg

20170811_061030.jpg

Yes heart pain to spend $1k plus on a grill. But I am prepared to do that if really can't find a good quality replica. How much did you pay for the fender? Did you also add spacer? Will it looks weird if don't add spacer?

2 hours ago, Dcky75 said:

Yes heart pain to spend $1k plus on a grill. But I am prepared to do that if really can't find a good quality replica. How much did you pay for the fender? Did you also add spacer? Will it looks weird if don't add spacer?

the fender is original... i got from germany... euros250.... i think. i did not add any spacer to push out. of coz not as nice if it was to be push out. the workshop guys say its normal...even the glc43 also like that... 

the grille is from TB. quality wise to me looks ok...

10 hours ago, Michaeltoh said:

the fender is original... i got from germany... euros250.... i think. i did not add any spacer to push out. of coz not as nice if it was to be push out. the workshop guys say its normal...even the glc43 also like that... 

the grille is from TB. quality wise to me looks ok...

U order the diamond grill comes with the bracket for yr front cam mounted there?! Was told need to indent a grill with bracket 1 ... 

1 hour ago, Benson said:

U order the diamond grill comes with the bracket for yr front cam mounted there?! Was told need to indent a grill with bracket 1 ... 

Can choose with or without stock 360 camera mount. 

Initially was in 2 minds on which to order as I was considering the 360 then. When I gave up the idea on retrofitting the 360, I just order the non-camera mount version. 

Just now, VRAtenza said:

Can choose with or without stock 360 camera mount. 

Initially was in 2 minds on which to order as I was considering the 360 then. When I gave up the idea on retrofitting the 360, I just order the non-camera mount version. 

A big price difference? Can PM me the link also? Thanks bro ... 

18 minutes ago, Benson said:

Browse the link ... For GLC can only select with the bracket for cam ... don't have option to opt for w/o unless I choose C Class type... Am I correct ??

Screenshot_20170812-151413.thumb.jpg.df36ce54c79bff988806ebf0f0772c67.jpg

Choose this option. The option wordings within the bracket means can choose from 2 colours (silver/piano black) and from camera mounting/non-camera mounting. 

When checking out, you have to leave message to the seller to specify what combination you want, if not the seller will try to message you with regards to your choice.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dcky75 said:

Guys did you opt for air or sea freight for the diamond grill? I wonder if the price difference between air and sea is a lot?

Sea freight. Although the grille is not heavy but the massive amt of reinforced carton material with dense styrofoam inner protection makes the whole package very heavy. So sea freight which goes by volumetric weight is cheaper. 

Finally got down to installation of the H&R 25mm Spacers. 

20170828_193358-picsayX.thumb.jpg.c365ae4e42a303cf30da9f0535fe2b83.jpg

Much better stance. Most importantly improve the cornering and lateral stability. 

Will post up the DIY steps later once I have time to sort out the pictures. 

10 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Finally got down to installation of the H&R 25mm Spacers. 

20170828_193358-picsayX.thumb.jpg.c365ae4e42a303cf30da9f0535fe2b83.jpg

Much better stance. Most importantly improve the cornering and lateral stability. 

Will post up the DIY steps later once I have time to sort out the pictures. 

Nice! Will that increase the turning radius of the car? I heard the further out the wheel, the bigger the turning radius. Any significant increase in rear road noise?