• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W213 Active Brake Assist

tonyffh

Hi Guys,

I am looking at E200 (W213) and 530i (G30). Can anyone share their experience on the active brake assist?

I know this is supposed to be standard on most bmw and mercs in europe, and I would like to see if it is useful enough? Drivers in singapore follow each other very closely on expressways, well myself included. 

So a big plus or just so-so? Thanks guys. 

The W213 Active Brake Assist have 2 function, first is audible warning signal to warn you if you are too close to front vehicle and 2nd is Auto Braking will be activated if audible warning is ignored.

The audible warning sound may be quite irritating for those who use to keep close distance to front traveling vehicle and also if audible warning are ignored it may auto trigger the Active Brake Assist. 

Active Brake Assist.jpg

Autonomous Braking System 01.jpg

Distance Warning.jpg

On 2017-6-22 at 11:05 AM, jmt510 said:

The W213 Active Brake Assist have 2 function, first is audible warning signal to warn you if you are too close to front vehicle and 2nd is Auto Braking will be activated if audible warning is ignored.

The audible warning sound may be quite irritating for those who use to keep close distance to front traveling vehicle and also if audible warning are ignored it may auto trigger the Active Brake Assist. 

Active Brake Assist.jpg

Autonomous Braking System 01.jpg

Distance Warning.jpg

Thanks for the effort jmt510, would you share a bit of your own experience? Do you turn it off when you drive? And did it actually work and make any difference? 

Thanks again. 

The Active Brake Assist is a 2 sided blade... When you are driving on the Expressway it will give a warning sign that you are too close to the front car and you will anticipate it and slow down. Whether the car will slow down slowly or will brake in time will be anyone guess for now... 

Overall I find the Active Brake Assist quite a useful function overall in terms of giving us a clear calculated speed warning that we are too close. Cheers for keeping the road safer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-28 at 8:22 AM, jmt510 said:

The Active Brake Assist is a 2 sided blade... When you are driving on the Expressway it will give a warning sign that you are too close to the front car and you will anticipate it and slow down. Whether the car will slow down slowly or will brake in time will be anyone guess for now... 

Overall I find the Active Brake Assist quite a useful function overall in terms of giving us a clear calculated speed warning that we are too close. Cheers for keeping the road safer.

Thanks man, hoping this feature will become standard in singapore, roads will be safer for us and our family members. The future is looking good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Active brake assist is awesome!

Was driving on PIE yesterday, car in front jammed brake (another car tried to cut into his lane abruptly), my car immediately cut off the radio and sounded a loud beep.

1) I wasn't tailgating (had about 3 car lengths in front)

2) The braking distance for E213 is impressive. Don't know is it because of ABA kicking in to help with braking?

*Yay, first post

• Like 1