• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercede E250 W213 Fuel Consumption

jmt510

I just got my Merc E250 W213 in June. Would like to know what is the fuel consumption of the Merc E250. Mostly traveling on Expressway 80% of the time and my fuel consumption is about 12L/100km but the spec from Mercedes Singapore site as combined traveling is 6.3-5.9L. 

Any input from anyone driving the Merc W213 on the fuel consumption is welcome.

IMG_9580.PNG

By the way I'm running on the original 18" Rim from C&C. 

I felt that the engine was a little not smooth & responsive during acceleration.

Lots of wind noise at 90km/hr as compare to my previous Merc W204. 

On 6/15/2017 at 4:38 PM, sms1219 said:

Hi Guys

I am getting around 11L/100km. I am on the original 18" rims

Do any of you find the engine noise loud. Mine sounds like a Diesel Engine..:(

Yes, I found the Merc W213 E250 very noisy and sounded like a taxi. 

The only thing that I appreciate is the 360 view and Mercedes should have added a camera function that record so that we can do away with Thinkware & Black Vue.

I just collected my e200 2 weeks ago too. My first tank was about 11L/100km. 2nd was about  13L/100km. 

Engine Bay is really noisy when you're standing outside. But the sound proofing I think damn good leh. Or maybe my music too loud? 😂

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, dchum said:

Assuming you drive 15,000KM/year, difference of 0.6km/l sets you back by $200 per year (assume average price of $2.50/l) - anyway agak agak numbers. So my point is just enjoy the ride and drive per normal :)

Agree. Except that I do 40,000km/yr :). Still, I think the difference is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

12 minutes ago, DQ27 said:

The listed spec is 50L but i regularly pump about 63-67L. 

That is very curious. The spec is 50L (+7L reserve). So maximum we can pump should be about 57L. Let me try to run my car to almost empty and then see how much I can pump.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2017 at 11:36 AM, DQ27 said:

The listed spec is 50L but i regularly pump about 63-67L. 

I just decoded my VIN (see attached) and found that it says "FUEL TANK WITH GREAT CAPACITY VOLUME 1". I'm guessing this is not the standard 50L tank but the larger 66L tank that is standard on the E43. 

VIN WDD2130452A151621 | CARInfo.pdf

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, swissfondue said:

I use SPC 95. 

I use ESSO 5000. I used to go for ESSO 8000 but finds that it is not worth the cost! The reason that I used ESSO is because of the convenient of the location. I used to use SPC too. I wonder what brand of petrol did C&C fill up when you got your new car?

41 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

I use ESSO 5000. I used to go for ESSO 8000 but finds that it is not worth the cost! The reason that I used ESSO is because of the convenient of the location. I used to use SPC too. I wonder what brand of petrol did C&C fill up when you got your new car?

Premium petrol does not give better performance. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-premium-g/

• 11 months later...
On 7/30/2017 at 6:29 AM, swissfondue said:

I just decoded my VIN (see attached) and found that it says "FUEL TANK WITH GREAT CAPACITY VOLUME 1". I'm guessing this is not the standard 50L tank but the larger 66L tank that is standard on the E43. 

VIN WDD2130452A151621 | CARInfo.pdf

Mine says "FUEL TANK WITH LARGE VOLUME - VOLUME 1", any way to verify capacity? 

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 10mth old W213, E200 AVG with stock 18" rims. My driving routine comprise 70% highway and 30% city. Based on my regular route from home to work early in the morning (6am+), I observed the following:

1. can achieve about 5.5-5.7L /100km when driving at a constant 80-90km/hr at at 1500-1800 RPM for about 40km. This is achieved without hard acceleration and no-overtaking. Best ever achieved was 5.4L/100km. Based on the 'Start' register, my average speed would be around 65km/hr for about 35min over 40km.

2. can achieve about 5.8-6.0L/100km when driving at a constant 90km-110km/hr at 1500-1800 RPM for about 40km. Based on the 'Start' register, my average speed would be above 70 km/hr for about 33min over 40km.

3. anytime in the journey when I have to hard accelerate to overtake, it will reduce FC by about 0.1 to 0.2L/100km.

4. I have tested the above scenarios using Shell 95, 98 and V-Power. Before each test, I will run my tank until empty with the fuel tank indicator lighting up and flashing. The max I ever got was 700+km on my fuel tank but I don't think I will ever push it to that limit again because the fuel tank indicator turned RED. Usually, I get about 660+km at 1 bar left with the fuel tank indicator coming on without flashing. These days, I just top up every Sunday as part of my routine. The reason I ran my tank as empty as possible was try to ensure some 'purity' of the fuel when testing and I would test each petrol for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I did not put it down on paper so I am just drawing on my memories for this report.

5. My take is - there is a noticeable improvement on FC for 98 and V-Power over 95 but the improvement is not significant for saving $$. With 98 and V-Power, I can consistently achieve the 5.5-5.6L/100km. I attribute this to the fact that 98 and V-Power is more responsive to my throttle so I only need to gently step on the throttle to maintain my speed. I really cannot tell the difference between responsiveness to the throttle between 98 and V-Power but definitely a difference between 95 vs 98/V-Power. So it comes down to your wallet and preference.

6. Engine Oil. I just did my 1st servicing with C&C at 16,000km (yeah I was late) last month. They put in the Shell Ultra-Helix. I definitely notice the lighter response on the throttle for Shell 95 and the FC. I am now able to consistently achieve 5.6L/100km for Shell 95 for the last two weeks. 

My final take - pump 95 save on the $$ for increased EO change frequency at an interval of 7km and observe what happens.

So if any of you have a reliable workshop that can change EO and original oil filter in the West within 1 hour, please PM me. I will be keen to check them out.

For sharing.