• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Collected & did some external styling

JohnnyKOK

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, Johs said:

Wow...very good service!

any bro here did plasticdip for the emblem before? Any comment?

I did for my last ride (Front grille, headlamp chrome trimmings and rear emblems) 

Easily DIY. Just need to prep the surface carefully. 

Intending to do so for my GLC once I sort out if I want to dechrome via wrap or plastidip. 

28 minutes ago, Johs said:

Bro, for plasticdip  the finishing surface seem not so nice...it will not be smooth??

the base colours will be matt in look and texture. 

You can add metallizer (which I did) or pearlizer coating for the additional effect you want.

Can add on a final coat of glossifier (which I did too) to get the smoother gloss look.

you can google those terms I highlighted in bold to see how they work and their effect.

The cool thing about plastidip is that it can easily DIY and if you muck it up or don't like the final effect (cos of newbie limited experience), you can always tear it out and redo it again.

35 minutes ago, Johs said:

Thks for the infor and pics. 

How long can it last bf it started to peel?

I had mine on for 2 yrs without any peeling. Went through petrol station car wash using powerjet washers regularly without any peeling.

Online search for other's experience seem like it last much longer. Especially if you are just using it on small parts like grills and chrome bits.

10 hours ago, JohnnyKOK said:

Should I change from my original GLC Coupe AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels painted himalayas grey with burnished finish to GLC 43 or night package 5-twin-spoke AMG light-alloy wheels painted in black with burnished finish? 

SmartSelectImage_2017-10-22-21-59-32.jpg

SmartSelectImage_2017-10-22-21-57-56.jpg

Send it for good quality painting? It's just proper masking of the burnished surface and the rest just spray paint black.

but if you are selling your original staggered set, let me know, I might consider changing to that :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, Ghost204 said:

nope, they sprayed red and pasted the sticker for me hahaha save money

Hi there,

Care to share the contact for this painted caliper's cover ?

Thank you

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...