• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 Door Check Strap Replacement

CH_OldMerc

Hi, 

Anyone got this part replaced before? 

Mine just got broken when my daughter open the rear passenger side door as we got home this afternoon. See attached photo. Seems plasticky and quite fragile after the years of opening/closing. Door unable to hold it's position once broken. 

Googled just now and seems this is quite an easy item to replace. Just need to get the part. Will attempt self DIY next week or so when buy the part. Made a PDF for sharing. (content extracted from mercedesmedic webpage)

Appreciate if any bro here could share the relevant experience.

Thanks 

IMG20170610102005.jpg

Emailing W211 door strap check replacement.pdf

I DIYed  both my front door checks...after both have the "gork, gork" sound during opening and closing door.

Damage is about $46(before GST) each side..from Tye Soon.

- The only difficult part is to remove the front door panel.

- Be careful of the blue ribbon power connecter...very thin and fragile...look like can easily tear up.

- Remember to wind-up the window before removing the panel..or else, the check-mechanism unable to ease out if the window is down and blocking it.

- Since you are removing the door panel, you may like to at the same time silicon-greased up the door lock rubber gasket (** take a look at my "Bouncing Door Lock" post).

• Like 1

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT