Black Label

My first time, a CLA 180 Shooting Brake

13 posts in this topic

Hi forumers,

I have been driving Japanese cars for the past 20 years. From Nissan-->Mitsubitshi-->Nissan-->Toyota-->Honda.

Have always been a fan station wagons. So finally made up my mind go for my first MB, a CLA 180 Shooting Brake. I really like the outlook & contour of this model. But seems like the CLA180 SB is not very popular in SG. Hopefully I didn't make the wrong choice.

Have already booked and secured a throating cutting COE recently. Now waiting for C&C to deliver. Until then, hope to gain some valuable tips from experience long time MB owners here.

Congrats and welcome to the SGMERC family, we have a few members driving CLA SB, do reach out to them in our SGMERC TCSS telegram or regular MU sessions

I registered an account just to follow through on your post. I too have secured a throat cutting piece of paper for $50,000. I bought my CLA SB in May during the Vivo tradeshow for $173,888 excluding discount which comes up to exactly $8600 not including the $4000 service credit because I feel this goes back into their pocket when you do your servicing with them.

Here's how I calculate my net price.

$173,888 - $5000 (vivo discount) - $1800 (misc discount) - $1800 (discount from overtrade)

Here's how I calculate discount from overtrade.

Overtrade + Parf and COE rebate at point of dereg - Current car price on sgCarmart

Can you share yours?

Also coming from a Jap car but not any of the brands you mentioned, I find CLA comfortable enough and exceeds the level offered by any Jap cars I've set in. I only test drove it once so I could be wrong on this.

14 hours ago, pmet said:

I registered an account just to follow through on your post. I too have secured a throat cutting piece of paper for $50,000. I bought my CLA in May during the Vivo tradeshow for $173,888 excluding discount which comes up to exactly $8600 not including the $4000 service credit because I feel this goes back into their pocket when you do your servicing with them.

Here's how I calculate my net price.

$173,888 - $5000 (vivo discount) - $1800 (misc discount) - $1800 (discount from overtrade)

Here's how I calculate discount from overtrade.

Overtrade + Parf and COE rebate at point of dereg - Current car price on sgCarmart

Can you share yours?

Also coming from a Jap car but not any of the brands you mentioned, I find CLA comfortable enough and exceeds the level offered by any Jap cars I've set in. I only test drove it once so I could be wrong on this.

Me too got the same price as you on the last day of the road at Vivo City during May. 

You mean same price as in $165,288 excluding service credit using my formula above? WOW!

Can you provide detail of your discount like what I did above?

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, Black Label said:

Hi forumers,

I have been driving Japanese cars for the past 20 years. From Nissan-->Mitsubitshi-->Nissan-->Toyota-->Honda.

Have always been a fan station wagons. So finally made up my mind go for my first MB, a CLA 180 Shooting Brake. I really like the outlook & contour of this model. But seems like the CLA180 SB is not very popular in SG. Hopefully I didn't make the wrong choice.

Have already booked and secured a throating cutting COE recently. Now waiting for C&C to deliver. Until then, hope to gain some valuable tips from experience long time MB owners here.

Hi Bro Black Label

Welcome! I'm driving a CLA SB too.. :)

3 hours ago, awboonboon said:

Hi Bro Black Label

Welcome! I'm driving a CLA SB too.. :)

Me too! It's a rare car to spot on our roads isn't it?

keke, yes it is! I love station wagons, despite the "hearse-like" label slapped on by others...

Hi Black Label, also new here and just got delivery of my CLA200 SB. Definitely seen more SBs now compared to few months back!

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, Alexngsl said:

Hi Black Label, also new here and just got delivery of my CLA200 SB. Definitely seen more SBs now compared to few months back!

Hi Alex,

Wish I had more budget for a CLA200. What color did you pick?

On 09/06/2017 at 10:20 PM, rickosw said:

Congrats and welcome to the SGMERC family, we have a few members driving CLA SB, do reach out to them in our SGMERC TCSS telegram or regular MU sessions

Pardon for asking noob question. I'm new to telegram 😂 How do I join the telegram? Can't seem to search the group name on telegram.