• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LTA check CNG/NGT vehicle

tanwill

If, that is a IF ! My car is still at Republic. Which i doubt it is.

Might as well just buy it and scrap yours.

After all, mine is a 1 owner, 110+K mileage, well maintained, last batch of the FL W211, no problem (except the stupid NGT recall issue).

If not for the NGT recall issue, I would have renewed the COE.

*I loved that car !

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Choong .

Only 1 workshop can do it , the large and sharp knife chop shop aka C&C .

Step 1 is to pay C&C inspection that your NGT system is intact.

Warning If tanks removed , C&C will get you new tanks at sg$30,000 . Best bet is scrap yard or some owner scrapping their NGT , i suggest loaning/buying the whole rear boot system from them. Even 1 single wire cut by the car dealer High Speed Motors ended up a few hundred bucks replacement. 

If not working , eg regulator died , don't repair , tell them you want to "disable" and that you need their letter to go to LTA to do a NGT/CNG system disable procedure .

IMPORTANT : Let them advise you on the procedure . Red tape can change anytime.

After that your inspection you no longer need to show that CNG with half tank and NGT system working becos your vehicle records does not show CNG anymore .

Good luck fellow NGT owner.

My car Coe was renewed, so removing the CNG tanks should not incurred any rebate issues.. however was tempted to isolate the system 1st, see any lights up n if none, then can proceed to remove the tanks. I am more concern w the process w LTA though.. where to start? Cos if LTA need a letter from CnC to certify 1st, am afraid no one is there..read thru the threads n seem quite confusing...

• 7 months later...