• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LTA check CNG/NGT vehicle

tanwill

On 25/07/2017 at 5:38 PM, iMac said:

Unless the green rebate need to payback is greater then the repair cost...Then it is worth to repair the CNG system...Or else..It is cheaper to shut it down once and for all...

*Bro, you wanna organise a NGT workshop trip to Hatyai.

There is authorized MB services in Hat Yai :
Sa-nguan Wattana Enterprise
850 Petkasem Road
Hat Yai, Songkla 90110
Tel. +66 74 365 650

After repair, can test out if 1 full tank of petrol+CNG can cover the 900km journey back to Sg...hahaha...

Drive all the way to Hatyai to repair? Isn't that a little too far ? :(

Hi peeps

When I got my car from a 2nd hand dealer, I got my tanks removed... a year ago.  Call me crazy! I never felt safer though. Nobody advised me otherwise that I cannot remove them... Yep.. all 4 cylinders! 

Now, my problem is LTA will not renew my road tax because they cannot find the tanks.  And C&C Pandan said I have to fix them back (cost about $30k - they have to order the tanks from Germany) so that they can inspect/verify that the car is still as per manufacturers' specs. Economically it makes no sense.  As I will not be using cng at all - period. Otherwise, scrap my car. S***!  I just got my car a year ago and still has a good 4 more years to go.

What a predicament! 

I went to Kranji hoping to find something I can 'recycle'.  Nothing fits.  Even if they have and they tweak or modify to fix the tanks, C&C will not pass them if they are 'not original'.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?

You tellin me, WILL.  Haha.

C&C spoke to the manufacturer. They said i had modified their car via an unauthorised workshop and thus is unable and will not be able to endorse its safety.

So, now ... is there anyone out there or knows anyone about to scrap their NGT merc?  I would like to buy your tanks. Pleeeease..

Haha... i can still laugh about it.  Goes to show i am still sane.

I think i have set a precedence in removing the tanks for merc. A painful lesson. If the dealer had gone to merc to remove the tanks then, none of this hassle now.

Thank you Will for listening. Just buzz me if you get wind of anyone who do not need their ngt tanks anymore. C&C said the manufacturer may have already stopped producing the tanks... obsolette. What does that tell you?  

2 hours ago, nita said:

Hi peeps

When I got my car from a 2nd hand dealer, I got my tanks removed... a year ago.  Call me crazy! I never felt safer though. Nobody advised me otherwise that I cannot remove them... Yep.. all 4 cylinders! 

Now, my problem is LTA will not renew my road tax because they cannot find the tanks.  And C&C Pandan said I have to fix them back (cost about $30k - they have to order the tanks from Germany) so that they can inspect/verify that the car is still as per manufacturers' specs. Economically it makes no sense.  As I will not be using cng at all - period. Otherwise, scrap my car. S***!  I just got my car a year ago and still has a good 4 more years to go.

What a predicament! 

I went to Kranji hoping to find something I can 'recycle'.  Nothing fits.  Even if they have and they tweak or modify to fix the tanks, C&C will not pass them if they are 'not original'.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?

Bro, have you tried calling Propel?

They have some dismantled NGT there.

http://propel-auto.com/?portfolio=06127

• Like 1

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Hahaha.  Got to keep my wits together. 

This will not be the last that you will hear from me. Will keep you guys posted on the developments.  Definitely will need to tap on your expertise and network. 

16 hours ago, tanwill said:

Dont know what to say about your situation.

You make all our problem seems small now.

Hahaha...Bro...

Yes..Our problem seem small, but still tricky.

Have you talk to c&c?...How many days we need to put the car there and demages$ for the conversion?

My friend told me disable the system is $800. And need to put car there for afew days. 

For it my case I thinking of going vicom ask them find out or lend me the device, I check where is the leak and then I try order the part myself. Because cycle just say don't know where the leak. So change all the pipe and seals and valve. 10k

On 7/27/2017 at 8:00 PM, nita said:

Hahaha.  Got to keep my wits together. 

This will not be the last that you will hear from me. Will keep you guys posted on the developments.  Definitely will need to tap on your expertise and network. 

Do keep us updated. Fingers crossed that everything works out for you

• Like 1

Thank you ayambrand.  I love the sardines!  Hahaha

Am at STA now to bring my merc in for a check. Definitely i will flung the test because there are no tanks. Hopefully with a month's extention will be enough time to find the tanks and brackets to settle my issue.  

Apparently word had got around in STA that LTA had posted a request for any NGT merc owner that are going to scrap their car that LTA wish to procure the tanks.  I would like to think that my case is getting a lot of attention.:lol:

Hi Nita . 

I am in the same situation  . 

When I buy the W211 NGT and extend the COE , the CNG is not working . The 2nd hand car dealer High Speed Motors try to fix and swap parts but failed and they took out the tanks in 2016.

Now I have no tanks like you. The dealer refuses to do anything .

I just get the letter from the Post Office on Saturday and then I know the 31st Jul date.

So now I am trying to find a economical way out ....

Blue211 i got my merc from the same dealer as yours.  A Mr Singh, and Michael Ting was the salesperson.   Now Michael had left the Company.

I got them to be responsible because at the point of purchase i actually got it on writing that they will remove the tanks. So perhaps that is why they had to be responsible for fixing their mess now.

Hi Nita .

Michael says he left cos the Singh don't want to fix the cars  ...

LTA just wants C&C to provide document to say system disabled or something and we can apply to convert to normal petrol car .

C&C don't want to do anything to help us , they insists that LTA wants all the parts back into the car .

They told me the $30k story to put the tank back .

Totally nonsense when we DON'T want to use CNG anymore . 

Between LTA and C&C each party is pushing the responsibility to the other.  And we become the victim in the middle.

In order for C&C to certify our CNG system has been disabled, they need us first to re-install the tanks to its original state. Mr Chu of C&C understood our plight and the fact that the tanks are no longer there, it is as good as the CNG was already 'disabled'.  So why can't LTA just accept that? Instead LTA insist to see the Certificate which C&C manufacturer will not give us because we had 'modified' their car.

I agree with you..  totally nonsense when we DON'T want to use CNG anymore. Spend $30k to fix back the tanks and then fork out another $1000 to disable them. Then to certify that our merc is now a normal petrol car must pay again, and spend the rest of the days lugging 4 humongous white elephants in our boot!

You know what?  I am going to try secure an appointment to meet this Mr Brown Christopher John of C&C on 8 August. At the moment he is away on leave.

Who did you speak to in C&C, if I may ask?

On the contrary.  I feel it is C&C that sets the service standards for merc cars. 

I feel like bringing LTA and C&C together, sit down, thrash things out...so noone can point fingers!  Arghs!

Zainal is the mechanic. Try talking to the managers in the office. 

9 minutes ago, nita said:

On the contrary.  I feel it is C&C that sets the service standards for merc cars. 

I feel like bringing LTA and C&C together, sit down, thrash things out...so noone can point fingers!  Arghs!

Zainal is the mechanic. Try talking to the managers in the office. 

C&C keep saying LTA want this..LTA want that...must find one day go down to LTA and ask them.

Hey iMac.  

Done that. Over the phone countless of times as well as met mr kang of LTA personally on 2 occassions. Like Blue211 said the 2 fellas keep pushing the responsibilities to the other party and none of them wants to make a stand. Frustrating and exasperated!

I followed up on Propel.  They dont have the size of tank that i am looking for.