• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LTA check CNG/NGT vehicle

tanwill

Good news, LTA had already sent out letter of conversion to normal car for E200NGT owner..

Please check your letter box.

*Update: Letter should be sent via Registered Post.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Received the letter yesterday. Looks like we have to set aside some time for this.. timing a bit tight as everything must be done by 31 july, not sure if it's easy to get appointment slots.

1) Go to C&C to confirm can disable

2) Pay a visit to LTA to submit documents

3) Go to C&C to disable system

4) Send for another inspection (notice explicitly states we have to pay again for this :mad:)

Any idea what are the associated costs at each step? Wondering what do they mean by disable and how much it costs.. how come they couldn't do so 2 months back?  

9 hours ago, ayambrand said:

Received the letter yesterday. Looks like we have to set aside some time for this.. timing a bit tight as everything must be done by 31 july, not sure if it's easy to get appointment slots.

4) Send for another inspection (notice explicitly states we have to pay again for this :mad:)

Any idea what are the associated costs at each step? Wondering what do they mean by disable and how much it costs.. how come they couldn't do so 2 months back?  

*If you had modded your NGT system before, you have to revert it back to original condition before C&C confirm your car can be convert from NGT to normal car.

*Pay admin fee of $21 + whatever green rebate to be refund back to LTA.

*Release of CNG from tanks (not sure how much but last time some bro here mentioned it is about $500+)

*Install LTA Serial-Numbered SEAL (look like some metal cable-tie, see picture attached)

*C&C will update details into LTA system.

*Send for VITAS (aka VICOM) inspection (should be same as Weekend car SEAL inspection $16.00??? )

*Not sure if owner can sent for inspection our own (C&C can do it but will incurred extra labour charges?)

Above is based on my assumption as there are so few NGT on the road now.

Anyone knows or converted already please share your info. Thanks.

gocycle-sg-IMAG0531_ZOE009m.jpg

Registered letter received, similarly like bro ayambrand, seems pretty tight duration to exercise all these points.

Fact finding on timing, procedure and costing now. Not sure if 31 July completion is realistic or not.

All NGT owner. Please do update. Thanks.

*attached LTA's letter on procedures FYI.

cng.jpg

First update :

C&C will disable the CNG + install a LTA seal for $700++.

2nd update :

LTA has blocked all NGT car sales/transfer until the system is disable/enable + Top-up of Green Vehicle Rebate (Bxxtxxd !)

3 hours ago, tanwill said:

First update :

2nd update :

LTA has blocked all NGT car sales/transfer until the system is disable/enable + Top-up of Green Vehicle Rebate (Bxxtxxd !)

Bro,

Thanks for update.

You checked with the Eunos, Alexandra or Pandan Loop workshop on price?

Did they mentioned about duration car need to be inside workshop?

16 hours ago, iMac said:

Bro,

Thanks for update.

You checked with the Eunos, Alexandra or Pandan Loop workshop on price?

Did they mentioned about duration car need to be inside workshop?

First update :

Downtime is 2-3 days @ Alexandra [to put on a seal.... not system removal !]

2nd update :

LTA has blocked all NGT car sales/transfer until the system is disable/enable + Top-up of Green Vehicle Rebate or Re-Inspection PASS. (Bxxtxxd !)

3rd update :

....... do check the Green Vehicle Rebate top-up online...... mine amounting to some $3.4K !

Conclusion

Its all about $!!

3 hours ago, tanwill said:

First update :

Downtime is 2-3 days @ Alexandra [to put on a seal.... not system removal !]

2nd update :

LTA has blocked all NGT car sales/transfer until the system is disable/enable + Top-up of Green Vehicle Rebate or Re-Inspection PASS. (Bxxtxxd !)

3rd update :

....... do check the Green Vehicle Rebate top-up online...... mine amounting to some $3.4K !

Conclusion

Its all about $!!

Bro,

Last time I think some of us already disable and shutdown the system at C&C paying a couple of hundreds dollars.

Logically, C&C will no need to shut it down (2nd time) again, right ?

So that means, we just have to go and put the LTA SEAL...and VICOM inspection....

Bro iMac, logically it should be what you explained but in actual it seems not like that. Not sure why 2-3 days is needed at C&C.

Anyway, appt is being made for next week. Let's see.

--------------

meantime, hope someone has a better solution or recommendations for external source !

Bro,

Look like I should go Alexandra..

The Eunos Service Center told me all appointment fully booked.

Have to wait till 2 weeks time.

Now I have to write in to LTA to Appeal for more time.:hot:

BTW: Have you already paid the admin+green rebate?  

20 minutes ago, contradanza said:

i went to cycle to check, my system is actually working, just that they detected leaks somewhere and they dont have parts in SG. but i filled the CNG to full tank and after 3 weeks, its still full tank. i dont know what leak they talking about

Yeap, thats what i will be doing too. Go to C&C and let them check first before further action.

1 hour ago, contradanza said:

i went to cycle to check, my system is actually working, just that they detected leaks somewhere and they dont have parts in SG. but i filled the CNG to full tank and after 3 weeks, its still full tank. i dont know what leak they talking about

It could be a very small/minor leak.

Question is, how much to get it repair? and will you be using CNG now since the price is almost same as petrol?

Once the current fleet of CNG taxi run-out-of-service in 2 years time...will there still be CNG refill station? 

Actually, the gas leak detector is quite cheap..you can get one for $30 at ebay. It can also be use for checking cooking stove at home.:lol:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Natural-Gas-Methane-LPG-CNG-Propane-Leak-Detector-Tester-Measurer-Safety-/131917772635?hash=item1eb6e9775b:g:47AAAOSwgZ1XvM-P

On 21/07/2017 at 1:43 PM, tanwill said:

Bro iMac, logically it should be what you explained but in actual it seems not like that. Not sure why 2-3 days is needed at C&C.

Anyway, appt is being made for next week. Let's see.

--------------

meantime, hope someone has a better solution or recommendations for external source !

Bro, 

How is your appointment with C&C ?

Any "heart-attack" surprises ?:nurse:

On 7/22/2017 at 0:10 PM, iMac said:

It could be a very small/minor leak.

Question is, how much to get it repair? and will you be using CNG now since the price is almost same as petrol?

Once the current fleet of CNG taxi run-out-of-service in 2 years time...will there still be CNG refill station? 

Actually, the gas leak detector is quite cheap..you can get one for $30 at ebay. It can also be use for checking cooking stove at home.:lol:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Natural-Gas-Methane-LPG-CNG-Propane-Leak-Detector-Tester-Measurer-Safety-/131917772635?hash=item1eb6e9775b:g:47AAAOSwgZ1XvM-P

yea, it will be good to get one and find the leak myself. see can order the part myself or not. Cycle say SG dont have parts... need to order from Germany. estimate 10k to fix everything. mad?!

7 minutes ago, contradanza said:

yea, it will be good to get one and find the leak myself. see can order the part myself or not. Cycle say SG dont have parts... need to order from Germany. estimate 10k to fix everything. mad?!

$10k is not worth to repair liow.

Actually, most parts are not very expensive....It is the labour charges at c&c that jack up the cost.

4 years back, C&C also say must import from Germany the parts. Here in Singapore they dont have.

*lastly i think the nearest point is Thailand as i saw they also have w211 NGT there running around.

14 hours ago, tanwill said:

4 years back, C&C also say must import from Germany the parts. Here in Singapore they dont have.

*lastly i think the nearest point is Thailand as i saw they also have w211 NGT there running around.

Unless the green rebate need to payback is greater then the repair cost...Then it is worth to repair the CNG system...Or else..It is cheaper to shut it down once and for all...

*Bro, you wanna organise a NGT workshop trip to Hatyai.

There is authorized MB services in Hat Yai :
Sa-nguan Wattana Enterprise
850 Petkasem Road
Hat Yai, Songkla 90110
Tel. +66 74 365 650

After repair, can test out if 1 full tank of petrol+CNG can cover the 900km journey back to Sg...hahaha...

2 hours ago, contradanza said:

i think getting the parts not difficult. just that noone can make the repair...

Hmmmm.....I wonder the Hatyai Servicing workshop knows how to repair NGT?