• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LTA check CNG/NGT vehicle

tanwill

5 hours ago, nita said:

Hi Blue

Yes.  They have the big tanks.  But they dont have the smaller ones that sits in where we would normally have the spare tyre.

Yes. Harjinder Singh was there with us actually.

You should be looking for a pair of these...

http://hl24.eu/wrn.php?daten=390450&lc=HM&suchb=alle_anzeigen

$_85.jpg

• Like 1

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

No luck here too . Tried to ask LTA for alternative but no go. Saw a Munich Alpina selling a 06 ngt.... can high speed motors talk to them and borrow the full set of tanks for us to do a disable of the system. Or anyone in this forum ?

4 hours ago, Blue211 said:

No luck here too . Tried to ask LTA for alternative but no go. Saw a Munich Alpina selling a 06 ngt.... can high speed motors talk to them and borrow the full set of tanks for us to do a disable of the system. Or anyone in this forum ?

When I purchased my NGT 2 years ago, I had the intention to shutdown and remove the system.

I have approached C&C, but they refused to do it as they also not sure if the vehicle will still function properly if the tanks were removed.

I then approach every LTA Authorised CNG workshop in Sg to check if the they able to remove the tanks.

Sadly, no one dare to do it as they had the same worry. And so I shelved the whole idea.

But now, it has been PROVEN by Blue211 and Nita that with the tanks removed, there are no bad effect on the car.

I wonder if the workshop which help Blue211 and Nita removed their tanks are authorised by LTA.

Will it help to get the workshop to produce a invoice to convince LTA the tanks were indeed safely removed?

The workshop that remove the parts..... had discard all the parts ?

Those with tanks removed, guess the best is to wait/search for an similar car which are due to scrap and buy the the require parts.

Hey iMac.  

Perhaps it was a blessing that you did not remove the tanks then. 

It is worth a shot..your suggestion to see if LTA can accept the invoice from the workshop that had removed my tanks.

Will call LTA tomorrow.

And yes iMac. SDA and C&C checked my car. Both parties gave him a clean 'bill of health'! Perfecto... except that it was missing the tanks. Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nita said:

Hey iMac.  

It is worth a shot..your suggestion to see if LTA can accept the invoice from the workshop that had removed my tanks.

Will call LTA tomorrow.

And yes iMac. SDA and C&C checked my car. Both parties gave him a clean 'bill of health'! Perfecto... except that it was missing the tanks. Haha

Remember to update us what is LTA opinion. If 3rd Party CNG Workshop able to safely remove the system. Will they recognize and accept our request for  conversion ?

On 06/08/2017 at 9:46 AM, nita said:

Hey iMac.  

Will call LTA tomorrow.

Nita, any update from LTA ?

My system was previously disable but due to the forceful situation........ no choice had to enable it and to fill up the CNG tanks. Its working normally ; with exception when the fuel level is below 1/2 tank the engine will misfire and shut off the CNG. Had went for a re-inspection and now they are happy.

Now, i had to fill-up my petrol tank once its at 1/2 to avoid the misfire and also use up the CNG as quickly as possible.

For me its over, but its been a stressful one !

I passed my inspection too! I bought a combustible gas detector to check my vehicle. End up it was my gas tank leaking if I pump full tank. Changed the seal. Checked with my detector ok. When for inspection also passed. 

My device looks more professional than their detector lor. 

10 minutes ago, contradanza said:

I passed my inspection too! I bought a combustible gas detector to check my vehicle. End up it was my gas tank leaking if I pump full tank. Changed the seal. Checked with my detector ok. When for inspection also passed. 

My device looks more professional than their detector lor. 

Bro, which seal is that and how much to replace the spoilt seal?

Sorry, I made a typo. It was my PETROL tank leaking. They replaced some rubber seal then ok already. Before that, I always get a funny burn smell, the mechanic told me its the petrol overflow out and contact with the hot car parts. 

If my engine is cold and I pump a full tank of petrol, i can see the petrol drip onto the floor.

If anyone need the detector I can pass to you, or can come my place and test it out

1 hour ago, contradanza said:

Sorry, I made a typo. It was my PETROL tank leaking. They replaced some rubber seal then ok already. Before that, I always get a funny burn smell, the mechanic told me its the petrol overflow out and contact with the hot car parts. 

If my engine is cold and I pump a full tank of petrol, i can see the petrol drip onto the floor.

If anyone need the detector I can pass to you, or can come my place and test it out

Glad to know both you and tanwill had your problems solved.

For myself, look like no more choice but to sent in my car to C&C to do the conversion....:hot: 

Hey iMac

I spoke to mr brown of c&c. Very receptive guy. Genuinely wants to help. So he spoke to LTA today and was told that my merc must be certified safe as per MANUFACTURING standards. What the fish! If only LTA can accept that my merc is safe as is.. then all is jolly.

In other words c&c's hands are tied. I need to fix all the tanks, all the pipings and whatever valves - fill up the ngt tanks with gas, make sure there are no leaks and everything is running as per MANUFACTURING specs, then pay additional $1000+ for some fancy cable tie to disable the ngt system, lug around with 4 non functional tanks for the rest of 4 years -- then only LTA will allow me to renew my roadtax. Fish! Fish! Fish!

• Like 2

On 8/6/2017 at 11:04 AM, iMac said:

Remember to update us what is LTA opinion. If 3rd Party CNG Workshop able to safely remove the system. Will they recognize and accept our request for  conversion ?

Whatever you do iMac... do not remove your tanks. LTA will insist that our car remain as in their ORIGINAL MANUFACTURED condition. We cannot do ANY retrofitting works... even changing our rim size is a BIG NO NO!

15 hours ago, nita said:

Whatever you do iMac... do not remove your tanks. LTA will insist that our car remain as in their ORIGINAL MANUFACTURED condition. We cannot do ANY retrofitting works... even changing our rim size is a BIG NO NO!

Thanks for your update and advise.