• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Resale Value of PI Car

Maybe a noob question to some so please bear with me. 

I am considering getting a PI GLC because the wait time at CnC is 9 months. Could anyone advise on the resale value of PI cars based on your experience? I intend to change in 3 years when the warranty is up so wondering how much to expect vs a CnC unit.

thanks in advance for sharing! (=

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, TraserParker said:

Maybe a noob question to some so please bear with me. 

I am considering getting a PI GLC because the wait time at CnC is 9 months. Could anyone advise on the resale value of PI cars based on your experience? I intend to change in 3 years when the warranty is up so wondering how much to expect vs a CnC unit.

thanks in advance for sharing! (=

GLC is 4 months... If you are talking about the Coupe... yes... 9 months...I am a PI owner... so the best I can tell you is... after 3 years the resale price should be less than 10k in difference as compared to AD... A wise man once told me... YOU BUY CHEAP, YOU SELL CHEAP... But for cars... YOU BUY EXPENSIVE... YOU ALSO SELL CHEAP.... LPPL...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

4 minutes ago, Ah Bui said:

GLC is 4 months... If you are talking about the Coupe... yes... 9 months...I am a PI owner... so the best I can tell you is... after 3 years the resale price should be less than 10k in difference as compared to AD...

But some dealers quote my ride dun ask if is from AD.

Guess AD or PI may not affect the resale price as they compare using current market price and the car's mileage more. 

Thanks for the quick replies! Looks like the only thing I need to worry about is ensuring I buy the petrol variants so that they will be comparable to the CnC ones vs diesel ones that are not brought in at this spec... wonder how the 2nd hand market will be like 3 years from now when there are CnC E200 vs PI E200 w comand and widescreen cockpit vs PI E220d. Would be interesting to see the pricing differences ;) 

13 hours ago, TraserParker said:

Thanks for the quick replies! Looks like the only thing I need to worry about is ensuring I buy the petrol variants so that they will be comparable to the CnC ones vs diesel ones that are not brought in at this spec... wonder how the 2nd hand market will be like 3 years from now when there are CnC E200 vs PI E200 w comand and widescreen cockpit vs PI E220d. Would be interesting to see the pricing differences ;) 

Those addon as usual dun really add up much I suppose.

cos again is the mileage and resale/demand value at that time. 

Generally, once the 3 yr warranty expires, the PI & AD cars are on almost equal standing in resale value. The only peace of mind for AD's car is that in factory recalls, it's a lot easier to fix the problem.