• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Glc from PI

holz

1 hour ago, mysticryan said:

Maybe what u enquire is entry specs. The premium plus specs with amg kits easily 30-40k saving. 

Mine comes with both AMG line exterior and interior. Guess that's standard specs for Cycle cars? Didn't change suspension, add sun roof or go for night package though. Wanted to change rims but they say will kena stuck at LTA longer. I bought without COE so they gave me an estimated price. And I compared this estimated price that I was quoted to PI ex stock, difference is only 10k. Unless Cycle play me out and don't stick to what they estimated.

Just now, garyjelee said:

Mine comes with both AMG line exterior and interior. Guess that's standard specs for Cycle cars? Didn't change suspension, add sun roof or go for night package though. Wanted to change rims but they say will kena stuck at LTA longer. I bought without COE so they gave me an estimated price. And I compared this estimated price that I was quoted to PI ex stock, difference is only 10k. Unless Cycle play me out and don't stick to what they estimated.

Either Cycle gave me a really good price or the PIs I inquired think I'm a carrot. Hahaha. 

1 hour ago, Ah Bui said:

Bro... This is my advice to all PI buyers... All PI cars have better specs than CNC... that's for sure... and you pay almost the same price... But then again... The main issue is to take what they have in the showroom.... NEVER... And I repeat.. NEVER indent thru PI... You will have to wait at least 6-9 Months... And by then if the PI close down... you are on your own.... 

Precisely my point! 

My GLC Coupe is from PI and it was a UK Dealer who got from MB and then shipped to HK Dealer. Then the PI here in SG got from the HK Dealer. Imagine the number of flips and it's still cheaper.. How much is C&C Making ? haha.

I got mine in 6 weeks after confirming but I was lucky because they had stock.

I used Bluetooth for my Spotify and all my Chinese characters appeared without issue. Leave the car and the music stops and when I get back in, it starts to play again. I think it's good enough for me. The Screen size is a bit small for mine as it did not come with COMAND NTG4.5 but functionality is sufficient for my usage.

CarPlay is a nice to have thing but I am happy using WAZE with my Spotify fully via Bluetooth where it fades in and out automatically when there's any alert. Why bother to have CarPlay when you are restricted to what you can use ? 

9 hours ago, AcidBase96 said:

My GLC Coupe is from PI and it was a UK Dealer who got from MB and then shipped to HK Dealer. Then the PI here in SG got from the HK Dealer. Imagine the number of flips and it's still cheaper.. How much is C&C Making ? haha.

I got mine in 6 weeks after confirming but I was lucky because they had stock.

I used Bluetooth for my Spotify and all my Chinese characters appeared without issue. Leave the car and the music stops and when I get back in, it starts to play again. I think it's good enough for me. The Screen size is a bit small for mine as it did not come with COMAND NTG4.5 but functionality is sufficient for my usage.

CarPlay is a nice to have thing but I am happy using WAZE with my Spotify fully via Bluetooth where it fades in and out automatically when there's any alert. Why bother to have CarPlay when you are restricted to what you can use ? 

Bro care to PM me which PI you bought from? And price and specs if possible? Thanks so much.

I had to indent mine from factory as there was no exstock in uk didnt hv the specs that i want... so it took 6mths... 2mths for Queue to get Factory Queue slots... abt 2mths for Factory to make and send to uk...with reg and dereg...1mths for shipping to sg...

now in the port waiting for Custom duties... abt 1mth to clear and register. Its only u dun mind waiting then u indent the car... if not best is take the exstock that is available there in uk.... then u save a good 4mths.   

I got mine from PI, saving about $20k and with much better specs (less the touch pad which I could live without). However, the specs vary so much PI to PI, you will need to do your homework - print off AD specs as base case and compare line by line, PI by PI. Even the same PI would have different specs for the same model.

Been driving for 5 months, no issues except a minor thing with in-car camera. My sales person has been very responsive even now so that gives me comfort that there is still after sales support.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my GLC from PI, VinCars in December 2016.

They had just shipped in one GLC with what i wanted and the price was reasonable. So i paid deposit on the spot. Car was delivered less than 2 weeks later. Checked mileage, it was 44.4km, which i think is reasonable.

Shipped in from UK. 

So far, so good. Both the PI and their garage are alright. 

I think there are a few PIs which are pretty trustworthy like VinCars who have been around for decades. Based on the same configuration from C & C, i saved over 30k but more importantly, C & C does not carry diesel which was what i wanted. So I guess that if TS has not bought and is still shopping, some PIs are fine and others may be a bit dodgy. Best to go to those who have been around for a while. 

Just my 2cents, this is my second car and I have only been driving for 3+ years. So i asked my father, father-in-law and friends who have been driving since they were 18-20 years for their opinions as well.    

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just collected. No CPA function on my PI GLC 250 SUV. 

On 7/1/2017 at 5:45 PM, Michaeltoh said:

Should be standard... Check with the dealer who is selling u 

On 7/1/2017 at 6:04 PM, Michaeltoh said:

Should have... check with the dealer that you are going to buy from

16 hours ago, patpoh said:

VINCAR. I did not ask at point of signing the agreement as I thought it should be standard after doing some research online. Well, I was wrong.. Guess no big shake. Still a nice car :)

did u ask them why its not there? i believe its a standard feature... cannot be optioned.

12 hours ago, Michaeltoh said:

did u ask them why its not there? i believe its a standard feature... cannot be optioned.

Well, the red  CPA triangle is not even there on the meter, so I guess it can be optioned out. 

On 24/07/2017 at 0:50 AM, patpoh said:

Well, the red  CPA triangle is not even there on the meter, so I guess it can be optioned out. 

Did you go into your dash instrument cluster setting menu via your steering wheel buttons to see if you have the CPA or attention assist? Both can be deactivated or activated by the user. 

20170726_081607-picsay.jpg

7 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Did you go into your dash instrument cluster setting menu via your steering wheel buttons to see if you have the CPA or attention assist? Both can be deactivated or activated by the user. 

20170726_081607-picsay.jpg

Yes. But not a menu item. Not sure if this feature can be retrofitted or must come from factory.. 

Thanks for the pix.