• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Glc from PI

holz

Hi, I have been looking around few PI and noticed some of them cheaper. Not sure it is due to it is Import Used Car as advertised? Actually what does it mean? It is used car or brand new? The PI told me is brand new.

also for owners, care to share how you get gps from iphone on the head unit? It seems carplay is not supported so whats the best solution?

I'm also looking for a PI GLC250d.

did anyone get your ride from TTS? Any problems with aftersales support? I have to be honest their workshop is not as posh as MBM or Optima.

the car also does not come with garmin gps.

appreciate any kind advise, good or bad accepted.

thank you all.

Also for diesel, can the experts confirm what all PIs are saying?

1) all diesel cars registered this year will NOT be subjected to the new penalties next year.

2) the only thing that will increase is diesel pump price from 1.50 to 1.60.

3) road tax for diesel can may also increase.

thank you once again!

My understanding abt PI cars is... import used... meaning... car is been used in uk (main source for diesel)... so they are deregistered in uk and ship out of uk as import used....some of them come straight from factory and are been registered and deregistered straight away... some are actually used car in uk... with v low mileage clocked...

As for sgp diesel tax... if u wanna buy a diesel... better to buy before jan2018 as the new VES scheme will incurred a surcharge if u intend to buy a diesel due to the new structure.... so tht means higher diesel car price... now there is still a rebate based on existing CEVS scheme....diesel road tax will be $100 cheaper but now pump price hv increase by $0.10/L....

as for future increase in tax... nobody knows... but at the moment its quite unlikely as the diesel cars are more cleaner and more friendly to the environment... so they will hv to come out something extra to try tax the diesels but at the moment... i think the new VES scheme will last quite a long time before they wanna change it again...  so l doubt there will be any more taxable stuff to the diesels.

There are whole threads on many forums talking about the pros and cons of going PI.

The main advantage is of course savings, but you should check to make sure the specs are the same, so you are comparing like for like. And if the savings are less than 20k, I would suggest talking to C&C instead. Mercs are filled with electronics, and even things like creaks, wind noises can arise. If you go PI, you are pretty much on your own. I doubt if the PI will keep extra seals, or be able to replace a part easily. We all hope that our cars work perfectly from day one, but thats not easy.

Even my German made one had some noises, which C&C sorted out. Cheers and YMMV

• Like 1

but i have to say...nowadays that some of PIs are abit different from those in the past... yes... there are some black sheeps.... but if you can get a reliable one... they are pretty good. Parts wise, i dun think its of any issues nowdays are there are many parts suppliers and there are a few good workshops that are able to solve most issues quite easily.... 

I ever asked a PI about their cars and they told me in order for them to advertise on the sgcarmart website, they need to advertise the car as used or else they can't do so. But it is actually a new car. However, I do not know which PI is reliable and which is not as all my cars are from authorised agent? I am tempted to buy from PI too but very unfamiliar with the PI market :(

C&C is easily 20k and above PI cars . That makes it very tempting to buy from PI if you don't bother too much about the difference in specs. But nobody can tell which PI is reliable and which is not. I try to look out on the road for PI Mercedes but there aren't many. Need statistics to know which PI sells more Mercedes and that PI is likely to be the more reliable one?

TS, if u intend to buy from PI. Do your homework first. What do you need in your new ride. Spec up models are not available in C&C and you will have to wait months for it. I save almost 40k when I bot my glc coupe from vincar and delivery only took 1week vs 6mths for the standard specs model from C&C. 

Merc is a well known brand in Singapore and most workshop has the capability to repair and diagnosed so it's really up to you. 

Reason I bot from PI is they have what I want while C&C doesn't n those additional features add up to quite a sum vs PI. Also, I will have to wait for 9mths for delivery so the choice is pretty clear cut for me. Vincar is using MBM power for warranty coverage which is very well known in the market. 

Good luck in your purchase!

8 hours ago, Merc Lover said:

I ever asked a PI about their cars and they told me in order for them to advertise on the sgcarmart website, they need to advertise the car as used or else they can't do so. But it is actually a new car. However, I do not know which PI is reliable and which is not as all my cars are from authorised agent? I am tempted to buy from PI too but very unfamiliar with the PI market :(

Always look for CASE accredited PI dealers.....it's your safest bet. Don't be tempted by dealers who lelong.....that's where the horror stories start. 

15 hours ago, mysticryan said:

TS, if u intend to buy from PI. Do your homework first. What do you need in your new ride. Spec up models are not available in C&C and you will have to wait months for it. I save almost 40k when I bot my glc coupe from vincar and delivery only took 1week vs 6mths for the standard specs model from C&C. 

Merc is a well known brand in Singapore and most workshop has the capability to repair and diagnosed so it's really up to you. 

Reason I bot from PI is they have what I want while C&C doesn't n those additional features add up to quite a sum vs PI. Also, I will have to wait for 9mths for delivery so the choice is pretty clear cut for me. Vincar is using MBM power for warranty coverage which is very well known in the market. 

Good luck in your purchase!

Wow, that's quite a bit! I inquired last month and there was only 10k difference between AD & PI. I would be crazy to go with the latter. 

3 hours ago, garyjelee said:

Wow, that's quite a bit! I inquired last month and there was only 10k difference between AD & PI. I would be crazy to go with the latter. 

What car did you look for at the PI shop? Usually the difference should be bigger than 10k?

Price difference bet AD & PI really depends on many factors......but generally, the rarer the model, the bigger the difference in price, eg C180 vs C63s.

My CLA45 from Vincar was a $40k difference with higher specs & OMV, it was a no brainer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtang said:

Price difference bet AD & PI really depends on many factors......but generally, the rarer the model, the bigger the difference in price, eg C180 vs C63s.

My CLA45 from Vincar was a $40k difference with higher specs & OMV, it was a no brainer.

I guess 15 to 20% discount off actual AD selling price (not list price) would make PIs a worthwhile consideration. I just seem to get less than 10% difference in selling price when I compared in Mar 2017. And considering lower OMV for PI cars (similar specs), I think with what I was quoted, the PIs actually make more than the AD! Hahaha. 

It seems only 10k diff if compare almost same specs. Some sell cheaper i suspect is used car. They ads stated Like Brand New. So I also dunno what to choose. Some need to wait long, some dont have colors. If wait might as well wait for C&C. 

i waited for mine for 6mths... had to indent mine from factory due to my specs and colour as there were no exstock (colour and spec that i want) available in uk.

price wise... if i had to buy from Cycle... the price of the car would hv gone up to abt $260k+ ... and with PI , it was a savings of $40k.. so it was no brainer as i saw the car in cycle last august and was told that there was a waiting list and expect delivery in 8mths...plus the OMV of the PI will be also higher due to the higher specs.

Also cycle didnt hv any diesels... so its only PI.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michaeltoh said:

i waited for mine for 6mths... had to indent mine from factory due to my specs and colour as there were no exstock (colour and spec that i want) available in uk.

price wise... if i had to buy from Cycle... the price of the car would hv gone up to abt $260k+ ... and with PI , it was a savings of $40k.. so it was no brainer as i saw the car in cycle last august and was told that there was a waiting list and expect delivery in 8mths...plus the OMV of the PI will be also higher due to the higher specs.

Also cycle didnt hv any diesels... so its only PI.

Plus C&C sales suxs big time. Serious case of bad mouth about PI cars. My case was the SE told me buy without COE. Waiting time 9mths if I wan the specs and color. They give u the heck care attitude. Well, not my loss. I get a car I wanted with the specs and cut short the agony of waiting. 

On 05/05/2017 at 1:48 PM, garyjelee said:

Maybe what u enquire is entry specs. The premium plus specs with amg kits easily 30-40k saving. 

1 hour ago, mysticryan said:

Plus C&C sales suxs big time. Serious case of bad mouth about PI cars. My case was the SE told me buy without COE. Waiting time 9mths if I wan the specs and color. They give u the heck care attitude. Well, not my loss. I get a car I wanted with the specs and cut short the agony of waiting. 

Bro... This is my advice to all PI buyers... All PI cars have better specs than CNC... that's for sure... and you pay almost the same price... But then again... The main issue is to take what they have in the showroom.... NEVER... And I repeat.. NEVER indent thru PI... You will have to wait at least 6-9 Months... And by then if the PI close down... you are on your own.... 

• Like 3

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill