• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes Benz road show

Cycle and carriage released a roadshow at vivio this coming week. 

They listed A180 from $126,788 along other promotion on CLA, etc.

i actually just booked aA180 1.5 weeks ago at $140,888 with free grooming , servicing package, plus other sloght discounts.

With just a short time, c&c can slash the price like selling salted vegetables. Does this make sense!!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Leona

Did you go down and ask what do they mean exactly by 126K?

Typically the term used by Merc "effective price" means that they include the overtrade, the free grooming, insurance rebate and other discounts into the price. So maybe the difference is very little compared to your 140888. Is that the final price you paid, including the overtrade, and all the freebies?

Otherwise, don't sweat it, instead, enjoy the car :)

7 hours ago, Simleona said:

i actually just booked aA180 1.5 weeks ago at $140,888 with free grooming , servicing package, plus other sloght discounts.

With just a short time, c&c can slash the price like selling salted vegetables. Does this make sense!!!

Thanks petetherock for the inputs and advise.😊

i started driving toyota 13 yrs ago and changed from mazda to honda twice. The coming mb a180 will be my fifth car and it is also the 1st time to expect such a high price fluactuation after booking from authorised agents. 

However, i think similar with petetherock and our agent who had tried to explain twice somehow fit into the same logic. I hope the authorised agent of mb is only creating gimmick to attract buyers else it is a disappointment with such a market approach which is irresponisble to the after buyers.

In fact, we are convinced by our agent to replace the car with mb every 6 years.

Merc has a different pricing strategy, and I am sure you didn't pay the full 140k either right? For the brands you mentioned, their price posted is pretty close to the actual price you pay, especially Honda, plus minus a couple of thousand. 

And since you are used to changing cars quite frequently, then it won't come as a shock if you swop out the A class for a bigger Merc later on. I drove my last car for the full COE duration. If things go well with my current ride, I will also do the same and enjoy it for the full duration too :)

OP, the A180 is booked is A180 style ? If it is, $140, 888.00 seems high. I last asked about 2 months back, list price was like $$135,888.00 before overtrade for my used car. I still have the price list with me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-4-29 at 2:44 PM, Simleona said:

Hi Leona, I was at the showroom about the same time as you & my SE was very nice, he told me that since I was a sincere buyer, to wait for Labour Day. I waited and I got a pretty good deal. Additional $2k over trade but of course I asked for more. 😛 Collecting my car in Aug. SE even told me Aug version has got push start button & included reverse cam for me.

• 1 year later...

I suppose dis kind of thing(s)works all the time.

same as yr smart TV @ home.

once u pull the trigger u dun check no more.

if u check constantly,u only bring heart pain,enjoy yr new toy,anwae,what do u gain by checking?

its all cheap thrill.

the trick is to do everything ,

the homework,

than research research research.

then BANG,done deal.

cheers