• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Good accessories for A180

SGeagleF15

16 hours ago, SGeagleF15 said:

Hi Alex free to try and pay to use.  Well put it this way it cost ~$55 for the app, it cost $1.99 a song on iTunes.  You break even after the 28th song.

so ya I bought and hoot ah

Steady lah!

Will think about it, maybe too lazy to do the conversion everytime... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the seat covers direct from TaoBao for about S$200. I usually use DEX shipping, and they were unable to ship the item due to the bulky dimensions. Went with SGshop shipping and it cost me another S$100.

Thankfully the seat covers fit pretty well and quality quite good. Overall quite happy with it considering the price paid. Only thing to take note is that the side supports, which are meant to be inserted under the seat itself, are too small. When I DIY upgraded them, I found out that inside the supports are just hollow PVC tubes. Small wonder no strength to hold the sides down. Now that I have upgraded them with multiple 20mm x 10mm nylon bars, the holding is so much better. 

Just need to get more people to sit on the rear seats to get it settled down into the exact shape.

Oh ya, too bad there was a crease on the rear seat bottom when they packed it, but small issue I suppose. Upcoming DIY project: vinyl 5D CF gloss wrap on interior door sill, center console and aircon vent silver ring! 

Pics of the seat cover!

IMG_0379.thumb.JPG.5c410a7aad9d791447f87adae2268b0a.JPGIMG_0380.thumb.JPG.134ce983f3dd420285211e7ef0d1bb5f.JPG

And my matchy matchy key cover!

IMG_0434.thumb.JPG.ef7f0bee125d170d05e59f426151f215.JPG

• Like 1

By the way, leather care can be applied to the leather seat cover to give it a deep and lustrous look, as compared to the pics above which were not treated yet.

Direct purchase link @ 998 RMB for the leather version - https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=535279471435&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.1f30a53fFzemA2&_u=j27qbvvm086e&skuId=3194214320727

For the key cover, comes in multiple colours and fully covered as well if you have keyless entry - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.1f30a53fFzemA2&id=547208653715&_u=j27qbvvm9bcf

Don't waste money paying agents for their agent fee and expensive shipping fee!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2017 at 10:41 AM, Milkbread said:

Bought the seat covers direct from TaoBao for about S$200. I usually use DEX shipping, and they were unable to ship the item due to the bulky dimensions. Went with SGshop shipping and it cost me another S$100.

Thankfully the seat covers fit pretty well and quality quite good. Overall quite happy with it considering the price paid. Only thing to take note is that the side supports, which are meant to be inserted under the seat itself, are too small. When I DIY upgraded them, I found out that inside the supports are just hollow PVC tubes. Small wonder no strength to hold the sides down. Now that I have upgraded them with multiple 20mm x 10mm nylon bars, the holding is so much better. 

Just need to get more people to sit on the rear seats to get it settled down into the exact shape.

Oh ya, too bad there was a crease on the rear seat bottom when they packed it, but small issue I suppose. Upcoming DIY project: vinyl 5D CF gloss wrap on interior door sill, center console and aircon vent silver ring! 

Pics of the seat cover!

IMG_0379.thumb.JPG.5c410a7aad9d791447f87adae2268b0a.JPGIMG_0380.thumb.JPG.134ce983f3dd420285211e7ef0d1bb5f.JPG

And my matchy matchy key cover!

IMG_0434.thumb.JPG.ef7f0bee125d170d05e59f426151f215.JPG

Nice,,Nice!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
23 hours ago, splyffy said:

The pedals i bought from ezbuy works well no issues to report.  Never notice anything mentioned on left or right hand drive on my purchase from ezbuy

• 1 month later...

What you all think about this product can buy?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/carsara-Android-Navigation-display-for-Benz-CLA-GLA-A-Class-W176-2013-15-10-25-touch/32833341818.html

Seems like there is some one selling and installing this in Malaysia Selangor, anyone in SG doing the same?

Pictures related to product found on YouTube or Aliexpress

E6F440CD-3189-42AD-AFDC-0EE37D34F005.jpeg

B19B397F-603E-4DB7-A717-42E40BAE77C5.jpeg

A218B3A9-7328-4C66-ABCB-53B3E4C343B4.jpeg

Google maps!5575059F-8665-4006-9075-0C8A10784AF0.thumb.png.9c6fd5eb42e6c1811ba2cc014b25e0a1.png

Waze

B3D7B91F-2F04-44B3-AA84-B8E025F845B9.thumb.png.1ff951bf02a66ff7aae3e83979581b89.png

Pandora or Spotify

C46FE276-2673-4016-8EEB-3D92C717294D.thumb.png.1a46f55544e26eeb8e48cf249e33e16a.png

Netflix!

085A70D6-35F0-4598-892E-E05396C90F4B.thumb.png.fd0a7fd63900a7f55728640eeeb9b17a.png

I've also been looking for something like this. I think can do in SG for about the same price as buying the screen and paying an installer. I'm just curious how the system gets data (for Google Maps, etc).

Let us know if you get it done. I'm sure others are also very interested

11 hours ago, splyffy said:I've also been looking for something like this. I think can do in SG for about the same price as buying the screen and paying an installer. I'm just curious how the system gets data (for Google Maps, etc).

Let us know if you get it done. I'm sure others are also very interested

Hi Splyffy, 

I think I will wait for the newer 2gb ram model with international sim support and see the feedback from other buyers before purchasing it.

spoke to aliexpress seller, current model does not support international SIM card only China.  Seller mentioned in the next 10 days a newer model will be released with support for international SIM card.  From what I gathered on the Internet / YouTube for the current 1G ram model.  1G model user will need to setup a wireless hotspot on mobile phone and connect the display panel to the mobile (it has build in WiFi).  

Separately, Seller also mentioned it can support Apple car play via a carplay USB dongle!! User will need to buy a separate dongle and connect it to the panel >> lastly connect dongle to iPhone via lightning cable!!

Apple CarPlay on other ICE system based on android OS

8 hours ago, SGeagleF15 said:

Hi Splyffy, 

I think I will wait for the newer 2gb ram model with international sim support and see the feedback from other buyers before purchasing it.

spoke to aliexpress seller, current model does not support international SIM card only China.  Seller mentioned in the next 10 days a newer model will be released with support for international SIM card.  From what I gathered on the Internet / YouTube for the current 1G ram model.  1G model user will need to setup a wireless hotspot on mobile phone and connect the display panel to the mobile (it has build in WiFi).  

Separately, Seller also mentioned it can support Apple car play via a carplay USB dongle!! User will need to buy a separate dongle and connect it to the panel >> lastly connect dongle to iPhone via lightning cable!!

Apple CarPlay on other ICE system based on android OS

Thanks Eagle. Good thing you mentioned there's a new model coming out. The most important thing is Android Auto so I can get maps - I'm a horlan king.

15 hours ago, splyffy said:

Thanks Eagle. Good thing you mentioned there's a new model coming out. The most important thing is Android Auto so I can get maps - I'm a horlan king.

No problem :)  not sure about android auto thou never asked, will ask seller along with the other questions I have.

Researching on web and it seems we are very late to the game.  Our western counterparts have been playing with the 1gb 10.25 inch display (android 6)  since Dec 2017 and have a wealth of data on it.  Thread is 300+ posting long...  https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/692318-10-25-inch-android-headunit-installed.html

Worth mentioning someone on mbworld bought a Bluetooth based OBD2 and then connect it to the display.

20180312_165238_resized_a0aab2f254429d76

it seems the upcoming 2gb model from carsara “might” have the latest android os ver 7.1.  Not sure what is the diff between v6 and 7.1, Splyffy do you know? 

1 hour ago, SGeagleF15 said:

No problem :)  not sure about android auto thou never asked, will ask seller along with the other questions I have.

Researching on web and it seems we are very late to the game.  Our western counterparts have been playing with the 1gb 10.25 inch display (android 6)  since Dec 2017 and have a wealth of data on it.  Thread is 300+ posting long...  https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/692318-10-25-inch-android-headunit-installed.html

Worth mentioning someone on mbworld bought a Bluetooth based OBD2 and then connect it to the display.it seems the upcoming 2gb model from carsara “might” have the latest android os ver 7.1.  Not sure what is the diff between v6 and 7.1, Splyffy do you know? 

I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I'm just wondering if it's worth the 1k+. Installation should be about 200-250? So if you bring the set in, total cost should be no more than SGD1,200. The quotes I've gotten range from 1,000 to 1,800 (all-in) if that helps in the decision making.

As for the Android versions, it's mainly for security updates and app compatibility. Some apps might not support the older versions of Android.

Android 6 = Marshmallow

Android 7 = Nougat

Android 8 = Oreo

• Like 1

21 hours ago, splyffy said:

I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I'm just wondering if it's worth the 1k+. Installation should be about 200-250? So if you bring the set in, total cost should be no more than SGD1,200. The quotes I've gotten range from 1,000 to 1,800 (all-in) if that helps in the decision making.

As for the Android versions, it's mainly for security updates and app compatibility. Some apps might not support the older versions of Android.

Android 6 = Marshmallow

Android 7 = Nougat

Android 8 = Oreo

Hi splyffy, got an update from seller 2gb model will be running android 6 and it does not support android auto.  

cost of unit : ~S$750 > post GST and any fees applicable = ~S$825?

cost of install : ~S$200?

All in : $1025

I am thinking 🤔 if I should install it on my own as a weekend project, probably just need a trim panel tool and a screw driver.

Probably should mentioned why I am taking a risk to buy this screen, it is mainly for safety reason. I want the google map to run separately from my phone. Not sure u have experienced this, currently when a phone call comes in on, mobile screen automatically switch from google maps to phone mode.  It has lead to a few unsafe moments so decided to split the map usage from phone usage.

Hi splyffy, there is a local seller and installer!  If there are local doing it then I will go for local supplier (for warranty reason).  It is mentioned in another thread in sgmerc.  

Edited by SGeagleF15
Repost link, wrong link earlier