• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mods for W213

swissfondue

Expecting to collect my E250 Avantgarde next month, so started thinking of some mods. Adding options from C&C has been difficult without drastically affecting delivery date or price. So I've been thinking about what mods are achievable after market, and at cost efficiency. I'm listing down some possibilities here to share, and appreciate suggestions and comments:

1) Rims. Stock is 18", staggered. Would be nice to change to at least 19".

2) Night Package. A nice mod for light coloured cars. Can be achieved with stickers or spray paint.

3) Bodykits. AMG Line? E63?

4) Boot spoilers

5) Roof spoilers

6) Air filter. K&N reusable filters are normally the goto filter for most cars. But there has been some not so satisfactory reviews on the use of K&N in W213. Perhaps wait for more experiences.

7) Steering wheel. Change to AMG flat bottom. Note that you need to get the ones with airbag. The airbag in the stock steering wheel cannot be reused.

8) Air Balance Package. Elebest says they can do this.

9) AMG sports pedal

10) Burmester speaker cover ;)

11) BBK

12) Lowering springs, if you find your ride not low enough

13) Tyres, if you dislike harsh run-flats

14) Side mirror covers, such as the CF ones for E63

15) Door pin. These comes in aluminium only for the Exclusive. For Avantgarde and AMG Line, its black plastic. You can change these to aluminium, or AMG ones, if you fancy. Apparently, the door pins on W213 can just be screwed off without removing door panels (even for the rear door).

I'm skipping performance mods like ECU tunes for now, since our understanding of the engines is still rather immature.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Odessus said:

@swissfondue Thanks for this very comprehensive mods list! Impressive! Just wondering what's the relation between BBK and engine understanding? Tunes, yes, I get it but BBK?

The understanding of engines refers to engine tuning, not BBK :)

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

Will be trading in my stock rims/tyres for 19" ones and changing my front brakes.  Order placed n need to wait till Apr for them to be delivered. Regreted not heeding the advice to order them earlier. Lol.

Good on you bro. HAHA

4 hours ago, Paladin said:

Will be trading in my stock rims/tyres for 19" ones and changing my front brakes.  Order placed n need to wait till Apr for them to be delivered. Regreted not heeding the advice to order them earlier. Lol.

Chrome Sticker whole car... hehehe

18 hours ago, Paladin said:

U r getting a light colour car rite? Then dechroming will look good. Mine current car is wrapped white n dechromed. I ordered the cavanite blue so would keep the chrome bits for some contrast.

I booked a selenite grey, so I think can go either way, with chrome or black. The first pic below has black trim, whereas the second pic has chrome trims. You wrapped yours in matte white?

IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed an absolutely stupid design of the W213. If you have the comfort box installed, it blocks the boot light. This makes the the following mod a must: install LED strips in the boot. I'm thinking on two sides of the boot.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Xelaaaa said:

I just got my w213 too and are curious to where I can buy boot and roof spoilers for the car. I saw them on alibaba but not sure if they will fit nicely. Any recommendations?

The boot and roof spoilers don't seem to be the same shape as the original ones. I'm postponing these till there are more details.

• 4 weeks later...

For those with Avantgarde model, can consider this easy mod to change the black plastic door pin to the steel ones. Both the front and rear door pins are screwed on. Just remove them by turning anticlockwise with a plier.

IMG_1624.thumb.JPG.9ef6847dc8b7b6514a4423b41a4acfde.JPGIMG_1625.thumb.JPG.2f57d821552e543193bde85cf0671b1a.JPG