• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Juddering wipers no more...

jtang

Been obsessed in finding a solution to this common Mercedes bugbear since 2010 when I first had a C250. Some old timers would have read my thread that I wrote on juddering wipers. Even after changing to a CLA45....the problem still persisted. Went thru many threads on this topic in other Mercedes forums & have done many 'been there tried that' suggestions that were thrown up. I was in the AMG Private Lounge recently & saw some old threads on this topic (2014) when I read an inconspicuous 1 line post by a member. Apparently no one paid any attention to him as there was no follow up on his suggestion. He said that he applied 1 coat of Amour All Tyre Gel on his wipers and that solved his problem for good. I was skeptical, but WTH...I have a Amour All Gel sitting in my garage, why not give it a shot?

Instead of 1 coat....I gave it 2 coats (typical kiasu S'porean) It really works! Immediately, the wipers were super smooth. After 3 downpours....it still sweeps smoothly.

I have 2 other used sets of aftermarket wipers in my garage which were casted aside as they were juddering just as bad. Applied the gel on them also....voila! It works on them! Amazing solution....go try it!

Pls don't ask whether other tyre gel works....you try it & update here. Sharing is caring.

Gel.jpg

• Like 14

Hmm...the only slight stain is where it stops vertically. It's a line stain....it can easily be wiped off.  No oily residue as the Armour All Gel is not oil based. 

Went thru another heavy downpour yesterday.....still sweeps smoothly with the 1st coat. The vertical stains that I mentioned earlier....it's not there anymore. Guess it's just excess residue from the gel. 

Thanks bro jtang for sharing, will try it out indefinitely!

Been bugging me for quite awhile already.. 

Cheers!

ps. just applying it on the thinnest part of the wiper will do right? as in the point of contact with the windscreen..

1 hour ago, AlvinDj said:

Thanks bro jtang for sharing, will try it out indefinitely!

Been bugging me for quite awhile already.. 

Cheers!

ps. just applying it on the thinnest part of the wiper will do right? as in the point of contact with the windscreen..

Pleasure is mine to share. 

Just apply on the whole rubber strip.....it's rather difficult to just apply on the tip of the strip.

Just now, jtang said:

Pleasure is mine to share. 

Just apply on the whole rubber strip.....it's rather difficult to just apply on the tip of the strip.

Roger that... gonna try out this interesting theory for sure haha... 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, giggss said:

@jtang bro did u use the tyre shine gel or protectant gel http://www.armorall.com/products/protectants/natural-finish-protectant-gel

I did a search in the forums, I think the other member was saying he was using armorall protectant gel

Nope....it was the the tyre gel.  This was suggested by a AMG Private Lounge (forum)  member ..... he's an American member  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, retiefgoosen said:

Tried using the tyregel on my VW polo.

it will cause a smear of oily residual on the windscreen

but is smooth indeed.

maybe I applied too much

yes i also applied quite a fair bit on my C180 .. the oily smear is there.. but it's ok, weekly car wash can just wash and wipe it away with water..

more importantly is that there is no juddering for 1 month plus already!!!

Thanks bro @jtang for the great idea!

• Like 1

• darksaint pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Varero said:

I don't have Amorall tire gel but have Amorall protestant for upholstery,.will try to see if it worked

Bro....different stuff lah. Rubber & leather are not the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, jtang said:

Been obsessed in finding a solution to this common Mercedes bugbear since 2010 when I first had a C250. Some old timers would have read my thread that I wrote on juddering wipers. Even after changing to a CLA45....the problem still persisted. Went thru many threads on this topic in other Mercedes forums & have done many 'been there tried that' suggestions that were thrown up. I was in the AMG Private Lounge recently & saw some old threads on this topic (2014) when I read an inconspicuous 1 line post by a member. Apparently no one paid any attention to him as there was no follow up on his suggestion. He said that he applied 1 coat of Amour All Tyre Gel on his wipers and that solved his problem for good. I was skeptical, but WTH...I have a Amour All Gel sitting in my garage, why not give it a shot?

Instead of 1 coat....I gave it 2 coats (typical kiasu S'porean) It really works! Immediately, the wipers were super smooth. After 3 downpours....it still sweeps smoothly.

I have 2 other used sets of other aftermarket wipers in my garage which were casted aside as they were juddering just as bad. Applied the gel on them also....voila! It works on them! Amazing solution....go try it!

Pls don't ask whether other tyre gel works....you try it & update here. Sharing is caring.

Gel.jpg

Thanks for the sharing jtang

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...