• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Faulty CD Changer & Speakers

davidaxltay

Not sure about the cd changer. I changed my speakers before. U can just buy from stockist and go to any workshop they can change it for you as it is a direct swap. Take note u need to buy the rivets as well because the speakers are riveted on. The old rivets will have to be drilled off in order to change

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:44 PM, davidaxltay said:

Thanks for all your advice bro.

I changed my speakers at an audio shop .... only issue is the CD changer now. 

Hear that is extremely expensive. 

managed to find out the cost for CD changer? mine seem bit faulty too, takes long time to read, and when started playing, error message saying format not recognized

23 hours ago, davidaxltay said:

Yes .... it costs about $3k. 

I took the cheaper route of using a MP3 player plugged into aux.:cool:

:money: ok, I won't consider changing it then...LOL rather spend on bits of the FL conversion if ever I am going to spend that money. I just bought a PCMCIA card hopefully it will work

Yeah .. I have got a PCMCIA card which came with my car but I do not know if it is working.

Where did you get your card? Need a storage card (SD)  to accompany it.

I have tried it but does not seem to work. Maybe I should replace a PCMCIA card? mmmm

1 hour ago, davidaxltay said:

Yeah .. I have got a PCMCIA card which came with my car but I do not know if it is working.

Where did you get your card? Need a storage card (SD)  to accompany it.

I have tried it but does not seem to work. Maybe I should replace a PCMCIA card? mmmm

I bought the compact flash to pcmia adapter and a compact flash card from Amazon. all inclusive about $20-$30. just tested, it works. to play from the pcmia slot, just select MP3 under the audio menu, should be there

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2017 at 9:12 PM, dchum said:

I bought the compact flash to pcmia adapter and a compact flash card from Amazon. all inclusive about $20-$30. just tested, it works. to play from the pcmia slot, just select MP3 under the audio menu, should be there

Would you have the website? My laptop does not have the  Compact Flash slot too

• 4 months later...

Repair the stock CD changer may set you back by about $900... may be cheaper to check with any scrap yard in Sungei Kadut area...if you are lucky...$200? then find an audio technician and installation would probably takes about an hour or so...