• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 - Power steering fluid

tanwill

Hi bro tanwill,

I think any or all  of the above could work

See here:

http://www.europarts-motorfactors.com/lubricants-fluids/Steering-Fluids/Mercedes Benz/E Class/E200/1.8/2007/Parts.aspx

the correct specification can be found from this official Mercedes website:

http://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/?language_id=1

Thanks again CH_OldMerc.

OK, its now clear. Must use the syn fluid with Pentosin CHF11s (FUCHS).

Also call Tye Soon, they said its new packing. Its Synthetic. Oil colour also different from earlier lot. (previous - Green colour / new - yellow colour).

Learned some thing. Phew.

*never just listen to old mechanic tales (ATF is = power steering). Seems they are not anymore !

37 minutes ago, tanwill said:

KNN dont know which is which ???

Anyway i only need like 2 table spoon volume. Just buy and top-up.

Bro, 

You needed only 2 table spoons only ...why don't just go your regular workshop and ask for it?

You now purchased 1 big bottle sure got wasted...I think it also cannot keep too long once the cap is opened?

BTW, how much per bottle?

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Because of the following reason :

1) too far,

2) lastly mechanic want to topup with ATF (i stop him ! I remember reading somewhere its diff for W211),

3) call up Tye Soon, its 500ml - S$11.50 (and its nearer to where i am)

14 hours ago, tanwill said:

Because of the following reason :

1) too far,

2) lastly mechanic want to topup with ATF (i stop him ! I remember reading somewhere its diff for W211),

3) call up Tye Soon, its 500ml - S$11.50 (and its nearer to where i am)

Good info.

I wonder if these STP Power Steering Fluid selling in Autobacs is having the same spec as Merc ?

stp_power_steering_fluid_1476605249_debcca7a.jpg

Also take a look at this video how to flush the power steering system.

At about 4:38, there is a thick sludge of the old fluid being flush out.

Tempted me to do this flushing for my W211.

2 hours ago, iMac said:

So far the info gather is that the W211 needs steering fluid of :

a) synthetic fluid with Pentosin CHF11s grade (dont think the STP is CHF 11s grade).

B) looking at the STP price at $6.95 vs Merc $11.50. Not worth the saving la. Just go buy the Merc one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good info.

I wonder if these STP Power Steering Fluid selling in Autobacs is having the same spec as Merc ?

stp_power_steering_fluid_1476605249_debcca7a.jpg

1 hour ago, iMac said:

Good video ! Yikes ! on the thick sludge. Seems like a good idea to flush out the system in view its been like some 8-9 years !

Maybe a little too messy for my DIY skill..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also take a look at this video how to flush the power steering system.

At about 4:38, there is a thick sludge of the old fluid being flush out.

Tempted me to do this flushing for my W211.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My power steering giving grinding noise over past few days during cold start up. i reckon its time to top up power steering fluid n so went to Tye Soon this morning to buy the same one as bro Tanwill did. 

However, after payment and when I collect it, I read on bottle that it is following MB sheet 236 3 ???

From earlier post, I always thought the correct one would be MB sheet 345 ??? Synthetic type (Pentosin CHF 11S)?? Now again is different?

Did a search somewhere in mbworld or benzworld forum and realize for Mercedes Benz model that :

a) Power steering pump using engine serpentine belt drive die die have to use MB sheet 236.3 specified power steering fluid.

B)  Power steering that is driven via electro-Hydraulic setup will have to use MB sheet 345 specified power steering fluid.

So, may I confirm our facelift W211 is (a) or (b)? My engineer instinct is telling me (a).

Mine is E230 and shouldn't be different from other W211 models. I can also confirm power steering pump is driven by the main engine belt alongside with radiator fan & aircon compressor.

Lol. KNN now i know no wonder it is so confusing...Lol

Better make sure before I start pouring it into my power steering pump reservoir. Haha

So it is quite certain MB Sheet 236.3 is the correct P.S. fluid.

But then again when you look up Bevo for MB sheet 345, 

http://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolistenmain.php?navigation_path=bevolisten&language_id=1&blatt=345.0&content_action=show&mark=hydraulic&suchbegriff=hydraulic

Model 211 is quoted ok wor ??

So KNN, which is the correct one ???

4 hours ago, CH_OldMerc said:

So it is quite certain MB Sheet 236.3 is the correct P.S. fluid.

But then again when you look up Bevo for MB sheet 345, 

http://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolistenmain.php?navigation_path=bevolisten&language_id=1&blatt=345.0&content_action=show&mark=hydraulic&suchbegriff=hydraulic

Model 211 is quoted ok wor ??

So KNN, which is the correct one ???

Bro, 

Best to check back with C&C.

W211 has many model...including CDI with might be using different type of power steering motor. (the video above is E280-CDI)

One of the different between both type of fluid is the thickness.

Thanks bro iMac,

Didn't bother to call C&C. Car past 10years now and don't suppose they will entertain you anymore.

Anyway. I already pour 2 tablespoon this morning. Haha.

And viola!, immediately no more noise. But jin wasted.

One big bottle of about 480ml still left. 

Sealed up with tape and wrap over vacumm seal  bag.

Any bro need, pls PM me ok?

Cheers!

20170813_152319.jpg

20170813_152303.jpg

• Like 1

Mine same same at lowest level (same as yours) during this morning before start the car.

I pour two plastic table spoon which shld be about 20ml+. 

Did not check level thereafter as engine was hot. Mine is V6 got the air intake hose blocking near the PS reservoir. Will recheck tomorrow morning before start up and inform.

But I reckon it shld have solve the problem since no more grinding noise. Haha.

1 hour ago, CH_OldMerc said:

Mine same same at lowest level (same as yours) during this morning before start the car.

I pour two plastic table spoon which shld be about 20ml+. 

Did not check level thereafter as engine was hot. Mine is V6 got the air intake hose blocking near the PS reservoir. Will recheck tomorrow morning before start up and inform.

But I reckon it shld have solve the problem since no more grinding noise. Haha.

Hmmm....if 2 tablespoon enough to get rid all the grinding noise.

Imagine if you do a complete flushing and renew the steering fluid.:devil: