• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Drive for few months - 2016 Shooting brake x117

kentong18

Hi ALL,

Happy to register into the forum yesterday.

Presently driving a CLA180 Shooting Brake (x117) since mid Sep 16, having switched from the Audi experience after 9 years.

I am happy with the driving experience so far, but was caught by the 2016/17 facelift a month after that.. :( 

Anyway, i have a few queries and wish list regarding some `upgrading' in the near future...

1) Hopefully to upgrade current Command unit to enable both Apple Car Play (wife use Apple phone) and also allow android phone connectivity.  My kids will be happy if they can run Spotify and I can use Google Map.... I am currently mounting a 8" Garmin GPS and it sought of looks odd and shaving off some visibility being attached near to the front screen

2) Upgrade front headlamps...to the new/same LED High Performance headlamps as in the facelift SB ... possible?  Heard the new LED headlamps is brighter and lower energy consumption?... Any group installations? 

3) The interior ambient light only has one colour, although the brochure says it has 12 colours.  I understand this will come standard with the 2017 version.  My kids have been during the recent car show and asking for it.   Is it possible to upgrade?

4) AMG side skirt

Hope to participate in future Group outings... will be looking out.  Please include me :)

Any advice is most welcome.

DSC_0008.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro

All the things you want to mod will result in voiding the warranty. 

If you still want to go ahead :

head unit - go to Elebest and ask easiest to solve

likewise for headlamps

ambient lights - is it very important ? Lots of effort and if the panel fit isn't done properly you get new problems. Think hard and save a lot of cash. 

Good luck bro and enjoy the new ride!

I just connect to my unit using the supplied MMI cable with a lightning adapter, not sure if your unit has that cable and function. Using that i can playing anything from the phone via the car's speakers. Hope to see you at a meet up soon!

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

Oh well.

Thanks bro Pete for the sound advice.

Likely to hold back those projects that may void the warranty for three years lo..

Any SE can advice if the new. ambient light install require tedious rewiring and efforts..do share both hw and sw changes?

Will consider the AMG skirting and diamond grill.i suppose these will not void ba..

Anyone has done so and got lobang? Are these mainly from Taiwan?

15 hours ago, kentong18 said:

Oh well.

Thanks bro Pete for the sound advice.

Likely to hold back those projects that may void the warranty for three years lo..

Any SE can advice if the new. ambient light install require tedious rewiring and efforts..do share both hw and sw changes?

Will consider the AMG skirting and diamond grill.i suppose these will not void ba..

Anyone has done so and got lobang? Are these mainly from Taiwan?

Yup amg skirting and diamond grill will not void anything. There are original parts out there but its like 2 or 3x more ex then replica from Taiwan if im not wrong. Enjoy :)