• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w204 weird sound emitting on front left during uneven road braking

undercoverbeast

Hi guys,

recently facing a issue on my car.

my w204, when i am doing braking on uneven road, the front left side will produce a squeaking sound ( sound like old rocking chair ) the sound actually will sound like eeeeek oorkkkk but with a mixture of tak tak tak ( sound like some hard rubber banging on metal sound ?)   Both sound will last continuously before coming to a complete stop on an uneven road.  It can be heard clearly in the cabin itself, and the sound sounded it is somewhere near. But definitely came from the front passenger side.

when i depress the brake  and go through a speed hump, it will sound like something is being compressed, for eg: when the front left wheel touches the hump with the brakes being depress and it will actually make a very loud squeaky ( eeek orkk ) sound and ending with a tok, ( i hope the way i describe the sound helps to justify what is wrong ) 

Car sound completely quiet during normal drive on expressway and even passing through uneven road , ( probably maybe a faint thub sound ) , braking on smooth surfaces road is perfectly fine, no sound. 

Recently replace the end link at 1 of the site sponsors, 

Can anybody please advise what is wrong?

Diff workshops gave me different advises.                        

Personal guess:  top mount or bushings for some particular parts. 

As currently on lowering springs, absorbers were last checked to be working fine, but not in perfect condition.

This is where my dream will start

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advise bro,

springs was change few months ago, current car mileage : 100500

while installing the springs, did ask a workshop Mechanic to check whether is there any leak or whatever, was told to be useable.

chnage the end link last week before CNY at b**l***, they mention everything is ok, beside the end link, and the faint thub noise coming from the suspension. 

Initially thought after changing end link, the problem will resolve as previously the damaged end link is the caused of all the toktok sound. 

Diff workshop narrow diff stuffs. Wouldn't want to take the risk to replace something that won't solve the issue, rather than I found the right workshop to carry out the replacement. As having sound that are not suppose to be on your car is the most headache issue to solve..

I agree, Lots of thing could be have worn out, Guess I will go to a workshop and do a 100% check this weekend. 

I didn't mention the issue I'm facing to them, so to be fair, they only change  the end link for me that I requested and solve the Tok Tok sound during uneven road. 

End link im referring to is : 

connect the vehicle stabilizer bar (or sway bar) to the control arms.