• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Spotify Bluetooth connection

Hi,

Any bro/sis knows how to connect music playlist from spotify to the car via bluetooth? My car doesn't have apple or andriod play.

After connecting my iphone to the car via bluetooth, can talk on phone, but cant play the music from spotify. Have tried choosing the station to bluetooth on spotify.

Any idea how to play the music from spotify via bluetooth to the car? Is audio jack the only way? 

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...
On 27/01/2017 at 0:07 PM, kellenerd said:

Thanks and no thanks bro!

Teach a man to fish!! Managed to get them connected. 👍

IMG_8098.JPG

Hi, I can't seem to figure out how to do this 😕... please can you tell me the steps? Pair my mobile devices with the car unit first?

4 hours ago, Ronster said:

Hi, I can't seem to figure out how to do this 😕... please can you tell me the steps? Pair my mobile devices with the car unit first?

You need to pair a 2nd time. Pairing it with Telephone is separate from pairing with Media (music). 

Go to Disc...enter Media....choose Bluetooth device....pair the device....play.  Done. 

34 minutes ago, jtang said:

You need to pair a 2nd time. Pairing it with Telephone is separate from pairing with Media (music). 

Go to Disc...enter Media....choose Bluetooth device....pair the device....play.  Done. 

Ya. its separate from pairing for phone call.

Occasionally they may not detect the phone for media but choose connect to last media works all the time for me.

On 4/30/2017 at 2:28 PM, jtang said:

Hey jtang and kellenerd... thanks for your quick responses, didn't know I had to pair separately for media bluetooth in addition to phone bluetooth. It's working now! 

But I find the sound softer than if I plug-in a USB thumb drive directly, maybe the mobile device has its limitations to project quality bluetooth output for the car audio to amplify? 

47 minutes ago, Ronster said:

Hey jtang and kellenerd... thanks for your quick responses, didn't know I had to pair separately for media bluetooth in addition to phone bluetooth. It's working now! 

But I find the sound softer than if I plug-in a USB thumb drive directly, maybe the mobile device has its limitations to project quality bluetooth output for the car audio to amplify? 

On the contrary.....it shd be louder. U need to max the vol on your mobile device. 

• Like 1