• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CLA Car Battery

sagy021

8 hours ago, Posaidon said:

By reading this thread, it seems Varta battery doesn't really last long. I got my main battery replaced during 11k, now after the Service B done to my car. The CPA error start to appear. Went back to C&C to fix the software, and now start/stop no longer functioning. Went back to C&C again and now they're telling my main battery need to be replace in order to make the start/stop working again ! Was quoted $500+ like some of you but I would like to do it outside since the battery is only around $350+/-.

Any recommendation (the reliable one whose know what they're doing) where to get the new Varta Silver Dynamic battery ? I search through sgcarmart and found 6 shop (http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?COM=Varta) but I have never been to those workshop before and wouldn't know the technician can handle Mercedes in a professional way or not. I have a bad experience dealing with those small workshop as my RIM get scratched all over during the first tire rotation ! and yet I still have to pay for the rotation service after they scratched my RIM !

Anyone try Bosch S6 before ? this one seems to have longer warranty period (3/4 years according to Bosch website). Just to confirm Varta only have 2 years warranty right ?

Do u use the start stop function often? Guess it weaken the battery life and not recommended for Sg weather and climate. 

I recall there is a distributor selling varta at a good rate. U may want to Google it. 

On 1/24/2018 at 11:52 PM, darksaint said:

Do u use the start stop function often? Guess it weaken the battery life and not recommended for Sg weather and climate. 

I recall there is a distributor selling varta at a good rate. U may want to Google it. 

Google can't find anything. I contacted Johnson Control and they directed me to sole agent, sole agent then redirected me to ACE Battery & Tyre.  I don't see much review on this shop too.