• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CLA Car Battery

sagy021

16 hours ago, sagy021 said:

Hi all, can I ask what your average life span of your CLA180 Car Battery? Mine died recently and only less than 2 years.

I am new CLA 180 owner. I always suspect that the eco start/stop may shorten the battery's life. Did you use eco start/stop for the last 2 yrs?

I send my CLA200 for servicing as I'm having problem with my ECO function.. Was advise that the battery for ECO is running low, hence need to change , this is different from he main battery. Any advise where and how much I can change outside?

I had the same issue of car batt dying prematurely.....even with AGM battery. And I even disabled the parking mode for the dash cam. My short distance to work, 3 cars to alternate with & frequent travels can actually kill the batt. The car needs to be used more to charge up the batt while on the move. Well bros, I have found a simple solution to prolong batt life, BUT you will a power socket.

Introducing the trickle charger....specifically CTEK batt charger. This CTEK is recommended & sold by Merc AMG, Ferrarri, Lambo & Porsche, though they are rebadged. I hook it up to my car whenever I travel or when I find my batt low (thru a Bluetooth app that links to CTEK batt sensor).  It's available at Lim Battery for $180 I think.  Once hooked up, you can leave it charged for days, weeks & months and the trickle charger will maintain & recondition the battery.  

IMG_0527.JPG

• Like 1

Yes...this is the batt sense (sensor) that I was talking about. It's very convenient to use  with Bluetooth. 

I had it free when I bought my CTEK batt charger....came in a bundle during a promotion with Lim Battery. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

yes i find the battery life very short... changed at around 1.5 yr after collecting my vehicle. been using the start stop function all the time prior to battery change.

nowadays i make it a point to shut it off...

it doesnt make sense to me that the little bit of money i save on fuel will have to be offset much more by such a regular periodic change of the car battery...will continue to monitor

somemore for our CLA, the battery if change to AGM type is damn ex... $400/500++

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, darksaint said:

Car battery dead this morning. 

Changed to varta agm @ $320 nett onsite with sos.sg in case any Bros here face the same issue in future. 

How long did your stock battery last? Did u use the eco start/stop?

22 minutes ago, petetherock said:

The CLA should have a separate battery for this start stop function, there is a Yuasa battery which should fit. But the question is whether the cost of the battery is more than the fuel savings.. 

Dun think the FWD models got separate battery for the Eco. 

22 minutes ago, petetherock said:

The CLA should have a separate battery for this start stop function, there is a Yuasa battery which should fit. But the question is whether the cost of the battery is more than the fuel savings.. 

4 hours ago, darksaint said:

I was told by my rep and I read from other owners of the B Class that it has such a battery, so I assume it will be the same for other MFA based cars..

17 minutes ago, ayubaba said:

Just changed my CLA180 battery. Lasted almost 3 years, got a new original @580 from CnC using service credits. New battery has 2 years warranty.

Wah! Yours lasted 3 yrs! Is it your drives are always long distances?

• 2 weeks later...