sagy021

CLA Car Battery

55 posts in this topic

Hi all, can I ask what your average life span of your CLA180 Car Battery? Mine died recently and only less than 2 years.

16 hours ago, sagy021 said:

Hi all, can I ask what your average life span of your CLA180 Car Battery? Mine died recently and only less than 2 years.

I am new CLA 180 owner. I always suspect that the eco start/stop may shorten the battery's life. Did you use eco start/stop for the last 2 yrs?

I don't use the eco start stop function. Understand that eco function is using another separate  battery?

the main car battery life span seems short

I send my CLA200 for servicing as I'm having problem with my ECO function.. Was advise that the battery for ECO is running low, hence need to change , this is different from he main battery. Any advise where and how much I can change outside?

On 19/01/2017 at 5:42 PM, sagy021 said:

Mine also changed around 18 months. 

I had the same issue of car batt dying prematurely.....even with AGM battery. And I even disabled the parking mode for the dash cam. My short distance to work, 3 cars to alternate with & frequent travels can actually kill the batt. The car needs to be used more to charge up the batt while on the move. Well bros, I have found a simple solution to prolong batt life, BUT you will a power socket.

Introducing the trickle charger....specifically CTEK batt charger. This CTEK is recommended & sold by Merc AMG, Ferrarri, Lambo & Porsche, though they are rebadged. I hook it up to my car whenever I travel or when I find my batt low (thru a Bluetooth app that links to CTEK batt sensor).  It's available at Lim Battery for $180 I think.  Once hooked up, you can leave it charged for days, weeks & months and the trickle charger will maintain & recondition the battery.  

IMG_0527.JPG

1 person likes this

Interesting. There's a model for battery monitor as well. 

Yes...this is the batt sense (sensor) that I was talking about. It's very convenient to use  with Bluetooth. 

I had it free when I bought my CTEK batt charger....came in a bundle during a promotion with Lim Battery. 

1 person likes this

yes i find the battery life very short... changed at around 1.5 yr after collecting my vehicle. been using the start stop function all the time prior to battery change.

nowadays i make it a point to shut it off...

it doesnt make sense to me that the little bit of money i save on fuel will have to be offset much more by such a regular periodic change of the car battery...will continue to monitor

somemore for our CLA, the battery if change to AGM type is damn ex... $400/500++

Just changed mine as well, mine lasted 2 years. Went back for the varta AGM

Hi,

Anyone know where to buy original battery other than MB? Mine is about to change.

thanks!

16 hours ago, wywong said:

Hi,

Anyone know where to buy original battery other than MB? Mine is about to change.

thanks!

U may call the Stockist to see if they have any stock. Or go for varta which merc oem from them. 

Car battery dead this morning. 

Changed to varta agm @ $320 nett onsite with sos.sg in case any Bros here face the same issue in future. 

6 minutes ago, darksaint said:

Car battery dead this morning. 

Changed to varta agm @ $320 nett onsite with sos.sg in case any Bros here face the same issue in future. 

How long did your stock battery last? Did u use the eco start/stop?

The CLA should have a separate battery for this start stop function, there is a Yuasa battery which should fit. But the question is whether the cost of the battery is more than the fuel savings.. 

2 hours ago, Speedracer said:

How long did your stock battery last? Did u use the eco start/stop?

Around 12 - 14 months.

I got in car cam so shorter lifespan for battery. Eco mode seldom use. 

22 minutes ago, petetherock said:

The CLA should have a separate battery for this start stop function, there is a Yuasa battery which should fit. But the question is whether the cost of the battery is more than the fuel savings.. 

Dun think the FWD models got separate battery for the Eco. 

22 minutes ago, petetherock said:

4 hours ago, darksaint said:

I was told by my rep and I read from other owners of the B Class that it has such a battery, so I assume it will be the same for other MFA based cars..

Just changed my CLA180 battery. Lasted almost 3 years, got a new original @580 from CnC using service credits. New battery has 2 years warranty.

17 minutes ago, ayubaba said:

Just changed my CLA180 battery. Lasted almost 3 years, got a new original @580 from CnC using service credits. New battery has 2 years warranty.

Wah! Yours lasted 3 yrs! Is it your drives are always long distances?

25 minutes ago, ayubaba said:

Wats ur car mileage?

Just claimed a new battery from C&C on Monday. They towed my car back to workshop to check and told be battery problem n replaced. But... my car only 9 months old.