• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Screeching brakes on reverse.

SUV-Lover

Dear Fellow Merc owner,

Just want to give an update. It has been 2 weeks since CnC did "something" on the screeching sound on the brakes. 

Two week has pass and no more screeching sound.

It seems they may have found the problem and rectify it.

If you having same issue, go CnC and I am sure they will resolve it for you. I believe they have found the solution. Best of all, they did it free.

Cheers.

19 hours ago, SUV-Lover said:

Dear Fellow Merc owner,

Just want to give an update. It has been 2 weeks since CnC did "something" on the screeching sound on the brakes. 

If you having same issue, go CnC and I am sure they will resolve it for you. I believe they have found the solution. Best of all, they did it free.

Cheers.

Hi SUV-Lover,

Thanks for the updates!

Would you be able to advise what exactly is the brake system or shim plate they replace and if they did only on the front or rear?

Thanks,

• 5 months later...
On 8/16/2017 at 3:35 PM, SUV-Lover said:

Dear Fellow Merc owner,

Cheers.

Hi SUV-Lover,

Can you provide details on what exactly C&C replaced? As with @andylkkg above I have no idea what a shim plate is. 

Hi @andylkky and @GLC250 Newbie,

Yes, the brake noise is resolved. Since Aug 2017 when CnC resolved the brake noise issue, it has not re-surface.  

If you ask me what CnC done, I really dont know. All they tell me is that a "cover" plate is making some high pitch noise when we press the brake when reversing. They put some shim plate (some kind of a packing plate) to stop this vibration. They told me they did not replace the original brake system. 

For full detail, I think you may need to go CnC. I went to Alexandra service centre and all this investigating, fault finding and resolving was handled by Nick. Very nice guy. I am sure he know this issue and will get it done for you. 

16 hours ago, GLC250 Newbie said:

Hi SUV-Lover,

Can you provide details on what exactly C&C replaced? As with @andylkkg above I have no idea what a shim plate is. 

A shim plate is the thin metal sheet behind the brake pads, it is usually attached to the brake pads. shown as attached.wheel23_brakepad_12-or.jpg

30 minutes ago, SUV-Lover said:

Yes, the brake noise is resolved. Since Aug 2017 when CnC resolved the brake noise issue, it has not re-surface.  

If you ask me what CnC done, I really dont know. All they tell me is that a "cover" plate is making some high pitch noise when we press the brake when reversing. They put some shim plate (some kind of a packing plate) to stop this vibration. They told me they did not replace the original brake system. 

For full detail, I think you may need to go CnC. I went to Alexandra service centre and all this investigating, fault finding and resolving was handled by Nick. Very nice guy. I am sure he know this issue and will get it done for you. 

A cover plate is the metal plate right behind the rotors. Which is between the tie rod and the rotor.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

7 hours ago, SUV-Lover said:

6 hours ago, thaiedwin said:

A shim plate is the thin metal sheet behind the brake pads, it is usually attached to the brake pads. shown as attached.wheel23_brakepad_12-or.jpg

A cover plate is the metal plate right behind the rotors. Which is between the tie rod and the rotor.

Thanks for the details, hope this time, C n C get it right! Finger cross!

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, iconchia said:

Jan 2019 GLC. Having this problem too. PI car. 

Just dropped by Optima. Apparently, this problem will be solved if we upgrade to the AMG brake kit. Damage around $1200. 

Any bros did that? Thanks

Have the AMG line version (with the AMG brake) and have not encountered any screeching from day one! Fingers crossed!

• Like 1