• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

S300L Auto Transmission

mike9956

Hi All, Good Day

I went for my 100kkm service at a workshop in Sin-Ming. The mechanic mentioned that it is also time to do a preventive maintenance by overhaul the auto transmission system (est. $5k) and should the 'body value and conductor plate' is failing, need to replace (est $3-4k) ??...all these jargons sounded Greek to me. He shifted the paddle-gear and a mechanical engagement sound is heard. Indeed, I have been hearing this mild mechanical sound for years and thought it was normal (audible only when outside the car).  Another of his colleague questioned if I have changed the auto transmission fluid every 30kkm (est $400). I was astonished !! 

I thought auto transmission doesn't require attention/maintenance till 200kkm or longer, no necessity even to change the fluid ?

Appreciate comment from experts in this matter

Thanks...mike

Yes....tranny fluid needs to be changed at about every 50-60k km, chk your manual. As your car has already shown signs of wear at 100k km. doing an overhaul is a good idea. Or you can wait till it fails & then change to a recon tranny unit. If budget allows, get a brand new unit if u intend to renew COE.

Not sure about the S class transmission price, it should be in the region of $5k-8k for recon unit. New one is usually double the price.

Go chk out Jackson Powertrain Pte Ltd....look for Roger Chang at 62143633.

On 11/01/2017 at 2:47 PM, jtang said:

Not sure about the S class transmission price, it should be in the region of $5k-8k for recon unit. New one is usually double the price.

Go chk out Jackson Powertrain Pte Ltd....look for Roger Chang at 62143633.

S Class:

recond transmission 6k+

brand new transmission 21k+

recond transmission ECU 2k+

• Like 2